*Marine Project Manager- Berth Construction **URGENT HIRE!!**
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Marine Construction Project Manager- Morehead, NC **URGENT HIRE**
This position is accountable for providing project management support. This includes developing bid packages, calculating project costs, selecting suppliers, procuring materials and services, interpreting project plans, scheduling project work activities, providing project oversight, interfacing with project personnel, and helping to ensure successful project completion and close out.
· Works with the Project Management Team to ensure the successful completion and profitability of on-going or new projects.
· Provides overall project management guidance and oversite to Superintendents and Foremen for current approved marine construction projects.
· Develops bid proposals for upcoming marine construction and services projects and ensures timely submission of completed proposal.
· Negotiates contracts and change orders as may be required by the business.
· Estimates costs to be incurred in upcoming projects accounting for materials, services, labor, and other associated costs.
· Procures materials and services from suppliers for current projects as required by project needs.
· Interprets project plans and specifications as required for customers, suppliers or others involved in the project.
· Schedules project work activities according to plan timelines to ensure timely project completion.
· Provides interface with project team members, suppliers, customers, and others who are involved in project work.
· Ensures that project team members are provided a safe work environment and are knowledgeable of safe work practices and policies.
· Participates in Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
· Must be qualified and physically able to drive regular passenger vehicles to visit work locations and job sites.
· All employees, current and former, must maintain confidentiality by not disclosing to others any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information belonging to the Company.
· Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
· Responsible and accountable for the safety of all co-workers and any others incumbent encounters.
· Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
· Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
· Reports any and all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
· Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.).
Job Specific Competencies
· Budget: Performance on projects and establish estimating standards for future estimates based on analysis, assist with oversight of the historical cost.
· Work Standard: Sets high standards and well-defined goals; displays high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments with minimal supervision.
· Business Acumen (Business Awareness, Knowledge): Showcases knowledgeable and understanding of business operations and functions, and the ability to align goals to support the business.
· Change Management (Change Readiness, Conflict Management): Demonstrates support for innovation to improve effectiveness; Initiate, sponsor, and implement organizational change.
· Collaboration (Relationships, Team Interface): Establishes constructive relationship with clients and other work units to meet mutual goals and objectives of the company.
· Communication (Verbal, Written): Utilizes verbal and written communication skills to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others.
· Managing Work (Initiative, Productivity, Results Orientation): Shows ability to plan, schedule, direct work of self and others, and provide follow up to ensure quality
· Problem Solving (Analytical, Creative): Makes sound, well-informed and objective decisions.
· Safety Orientation (Safe Work Philosophy): Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for their own personal safety and the safety of co-workers and others.
· Applies safe work practices in the performance of assigned tasks.
· B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management or related discipline and a minimum of 8 years’ experience, or equivalent work experience is required.
· Prior work experience in the marine construction or heavy industrial and manufacturing industries is preferred but not required.
· The incumbent must have a working knowledge of Project Management & Administration, Marine Construction Materials, Procurement, Estimating, Scheduling, Project Tracking Software, Cost Control, Engineering & Project Standards, and Safety & Environmental Compliance.
· The incumbent must have the ability to quickly learn the technical aspects of the business,
be an effective communicator; and have the ability to interface well with employees at all
levels of the organization.
· The Company expects and requires incumbent and each of its other employees to
observe and fulfill the above and all other safety responsibilities and actively work toward
maintaining a safe workplace. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action, up to and
including termination of employment.
Physical/ Mental Requirements
· The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable workplace accommodation.
· The individual must also be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal
protective equipment (PPE) to work or visit within areas where it is required. This includes
hard hat, safety glasses, respirators, ear plugs, steel toed shoes, or other protective
equipment as required by the work performed and location the work is being done.
· The incumbent must possess the ability to remain calm during emergencies and respond
appropriately as dictated by the circumstance of the incident and as directed by the Safety
Representative or other management personnel.
Must be capable of evacuating the work area in a timely manner should an emergency arise.
· In addition, the Project Manager must also be capable of: Walking, stepping, climbing or otherwise moving from one location on the job site to another, and normally involves physically getting onto and off of work barges, boats, vessels, or dock facilities of varying heights and access parameters
· Standing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, climbing, or sitting for long periods of time
· Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs. as required
AddressMorehead City, NC
ConstructionView all jobs at Suncoast Drivers