Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes tasks and meets all closing conditions associated with loan approval according to second mortgage, MI, and Credit Union guidelines.
- Updates loan origination system to ensure accurate loan amount, term, interest rate, borrower names, and closing costs are displayed on applicable documents.
- Obtains internal pay offs for accurate disbursement date and updates loan origination system.
- Produces all mortgage closing documents. Verifies all data entry, including legal description, applicable mortgage riders, selection of Home Equity loan plan, adjustable rate change dates, closing costs, and inclusion of closing conditions noted in loan underwriting approval.
- Resolves any outstanding closing conditions prior to scheduling closing date.
- Ensures adequate coverage of hazard and flood insurance has been received and Suncoast Credit Union has been listed as mortgagee.
- Establishes and maintains friendly, professional rapport with mortgage applicants. Answers questions and returns phone calls and emails in a timely manner according to established performance standards and benchmarks.
- Responsible for accurate preparation and approval of Hud-1 Settlement Statement.
- Assists Service Centers with questions regarding consumer mortgage applications in closing stage.
- Attends job-specific training classes as requested by manager. Completes annual BSA/AML compliance training and understands employee’s role in maintaining an effective BSA/AML compliance program, and completes FACT Act Red Flag training.
Minimum Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 or more years mortgage processing and/or closing experience. Previous Home Equity or Fannie Mae experience preferred.
- Able to prioritize tasks, deal effectively with competing and changing priorities, and meet deadlines. Accurate, detail-oriented, and organized. Able to resolve routine problems and situations.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Credit Union products, services, policies, and procedures pertinent to the job.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance necessary to successfully perform job responsibilities.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union computer systems and software applications required to perform job duties.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to interact professionally and effectively with members, staff, vendors, and government regulators. Able to communicate information that requires some explanation or interpretation.
- Work is closely supervised.
Safe Act Statement
This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and Suncoast Credit Union policies and procedures.