Field Service Engineer I
Do you want to work with a leading global software company in the data center industry experiencing double digit growth in each of the last 5 years?
Do you want to represent a modern data center software product that often beats offers from larger multi-billion dollar companies?
Do you want to represent a product that garners praise, kudos, and high marks from customers and industry analysts?
If yes, come join us!
We are all about delighting our clients and live/breathe the end client/user experience
We love to do great work and praise our team mates for their great contributions
We believe in collaboration, teamwork, creativity and taking initiative
Interested? Read on for additional details about this opportunity to join our amazing team!
DCIM Field Services Engineer will be engaged in identifying, analyzing and resolving complex solutions relating to data center infrastructure management (DCIM). DCIM Field Services Engineer will successfully manage software implementations, system integration, and database population with supervision by manager, FE II, or Engagement Manager. Onsite technical support and training is often vital to success, yet an effective ability to support via remote tools is mandatory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to identify DCIM problem statement(s), solution proposal, and scope of work with a defined project plan.
- Setup and configure Sunbird’s DCIM suite including dcTrack and Power IQ.
- Articulate to a internal and client project team the necessary steps required to complete a statement of work.
- Accurately research technical specifications and images for IT and data center equipment located throughout any given data center environment(s).
- Analyze, scrub and migrate data from current source to DCIM database.
- Develop and enhance documentation to enrich a customer’s experience.
- Assist with beta software testing and validation when new features and fixes are completed by engineering team.
- Facilitate timely resolution of customers’ issues and log/maintain resolution status in Sunbird Support Portal.
- Participate in the technical review process for product enhancements.
- Host online training session for clients and partners
- Weekly status updates to clients on key deliverables, milestones, and billing against statement of work
- Organize client teams and program manage Sunbird and client owned deliverables
- Associates/Bachelors degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- One to three years experience providing customer support for complex technical solutions in a data center environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex customer issues.
- Excellent customer-facing project management, analysis, troubleshooting, and technical skills.
- Demonstrated basic technical knowledge of:
- Data center IT components and interconnections (servers, Blades/Blade Chassis, network switches, RACK PDUs, etc.)
- Data center networks and protocols (TCP/IP, VLANs, SNMP, Modbus)
- Structured cabling components and concepts (patch panels, fiber, copper)
- Data center facilities components (UPS, PDUs, single and 3 Phase Power)
- VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi VM configuration/control
- General database and SQL knowledge (MS Access, PostgresSQL).
- Windows 7 / Windows 10 (including UAC)
- MS Excel xls/csv file creation
- Editing and working with AutoCAD and Visio drawings
- Data center surveys and audits
- Ability to work flexible hours with travel up to 50% required, some globally.
- Accountability and the ability to adapt/multi-task/manage changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, ability to learn and apply new skills quickly
- Good oral/written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Access, Outlook, and Visio
- What are customers saying about Sunbird: www.sunbirddcim.com/reviews
- Why work at Sunbird: www.sunbirddcim.com/careers
Great product, happy customers, growth opportunities, www.sunbirddcim.com/careers
- What is DCIM Software: www.sunbirddcim.com/what-dcim - What are customers saying about Sunbird: www.sunbirddcim.com/reviews - Why work at Sunbird: www.sunbirddcim.com/careers
Sunbird Software, Inc.Sioux Falls, SD
WebsiteView All Sunbird Software, Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.