DCIM Professional Software Trainer will be engaged in the development, delivery and maintenance of course curriculum and content relating to data center infrastructure management (DCIM). DCIM Professional Software Trainer will successfully develop curriculum and content for online support portal, onsite training, and classroom instructor sessions. Position located in the Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to identify DCIM problem statement(s), solution proposal, and scope of work with a defined project plan.
- Setup and configure Sunbird’s DCIM suite including dcTrack and Power IQ.
- Deliver DCIM software training courses including admin, implementation, project planning, and end-user sessions remotely and onsite with clients.
- Manage training materials, across classification and releasability levels from a centralized repository
- Maintains project schedule for training development, review, and engagements and work with clients to guide them to solve existing problems and achieve their goals through use of our DCIM software.
- Serve as a solutions focused curriculum creator and trainer, run technical workshops and provide training to client community support.
- Scheduling and coordinating training engagements; course definition; maintaining, updating, and developing or editing training material (documentation or instructional videos); instruction delivery; captures training metrics.
- Independently gathers facts and knowledge needed for training development from other subject matter experts (SME) or knowledge bases
- Conducts QA reviews of training materials
- Keeps abreast of training and development research and new training methods and techniques
- Accurately research technical specifications and images for IT and data center equipment located throughout any given data center environment(s).
- Work closely with Solutions Architect and Engineering teams, acquiring deep expertise and providing valuable insight as to how to better teach technical aspects of the platform to the clients
- Integrate newly developed product features into the training programs.
- Training delivery format is expected to be a mix of stand-up training, and development and maintenance of a set of instructional documentation (or brochures) delivered in MS Word and PDF formats
- Identifies and prioritizes gaps in training; works with SMEs to obtain needed information
- Regularly checkpoints work priorities and due dates across efforts
- Identifies opportunities for technology insertion and process improvement
- Works independently on small to medium, typically low-complexity projects
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple contracts and teams
- Explains solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- One to Three years experience providing technical training in remote, onsite or web content platform.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex client issues.
- Excellent client-facing in technical training, project management, troubleshooting, and analysis.
- Enjoy presenting to small and large groups, comfortable with public speaking
- Have experience creating training and certification content
- Demonstrated basic technical knowledge of:
- General SQL database knowledge (PostgresSQL desired).
- Data center IT assets and connections experience (servers, Blades/Blade Chassis, network switches, RACK PDUs, etc.)
- Data center networks and protocols (TCP/IP, VLANs, SNMP, Modbus)
- Structured cabling components and concepts (patch panels, fiber, copper)
- Data center facilities components (UPS, PDUs, single and 3 Phase Power)
- Virtual environment
- MS Excel xls/csv file creation
- Editing and working with AutoCAD and Visio drawings
- Data center surveys and audits
- Ability to work flexible hours with regional or global travel up to 50%.
- Accountability and the ability to adapt/multi-task/manage changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, ability to learn and apply new skills quickly
- Good oral/written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- PostgreSQL database and T-SQL
- Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Access, Visio and Project
- Data Center Certifications (i.e. DCI, DCIM,…)