Consumer Loan Originator
Sunbelt Federal Credit Union Hattiesburg, MS
- Posted: over a month ago
- Assist members with the loan application process to ensure completeness of information.
- Pull credit reports for all accounts, verify debts, and estimate monthly payments for any outstanding debts not listed and add them to debts on application.
- Calculate debt to income ratios on loan applicants.
- Complete loan applications over the phone and/or electronically.
- Validate automated approvals or denials of loan applications.
- When a loan is denied, explain reasons for denial in a professional, courteous manner. Work with member to provide recommendations or alternative options for other possible ways to secure a loan in the future.
- Verify the accuracy of loan amounts and repayment terms on approved loan applications.
- Complete loan documents and disburse loans when needed.
- Implement new loan products and services in accordance with management direction.
- Cross sell lending and other credit union products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to solve problems within established policies and procedures
- Ability to accept and perform new job responsibilities as needed
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening), professional appearance and positive attitude
- Basic math skills required (ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals)
- Have a thorough knowledge of Consumer Lending Compliance and Lending Regulations.
- Good working knowledge of credit models and credit scoring
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least two years of related work experience, preferably in a financial institution
- Must possess strong basic math skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required.
- Must possess interpersonal skills including courtesy, tact, and diplomacy as they are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- Computer Skills – MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must successfully complete BSA training as required
- Employee must be bondable (insurable)
- Primarily in-door office work with quiet to moderate noise level.
- Occasional work outside the office.
- Occasional travel for business-related functions.
- Occasional evening and weekend schedules required.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Successfully passing a drug test for illegal drugs
- Successfully passing a background investigation
- 401K, With employee match and profit shares.
- Medical, 100% paid for employee only policies, additional cost for dependents.
- Dental & Vision
- Company provided Life, STD, LTD, Medical
- Aflac Insurance products
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Education Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement). Contract required with Terms and Conditions.
- 16 Days of PTO (Paid time off) that begins accruing day one. (usable after 90 days)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Sunbelt Federal Credit Union
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Sunbelt Federal Credit Union