We are developing a new hemp production operation in Heflin, Alabama and looking for a Master Grower/Cultivator to assist with the development, implementation, operations and ongoing management of the operation. The Master Grower/Cultivator is responsible for training and education of grow staff as well as the continual process of reviewing operation procedures, guidelines and policies. The ideal candidate fits the below requirements and is available to assist with start-up and managing the operation immediately.
- Develop, coordinate and manage the daily grow operations and grow process including: cloning, potting, transplanting, watering, mixing, feeding plants, flower blocks, spraying, cleaning, defoliation, topping, maintenance, etc.
- Manage harvesting and schedules/timelines, equipment requirements and training/ development.
- Execute preventative maintenance and elimination of all types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
- Ensures constant updates are provided for any and all grow-related equipment.
- Mastery of Ebb & Flow, DWC and Aeroponics growing methods, including in-depth knowledge of PH; PPM and EC counts.
- Mastery of Soil growing methods including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria and nutrient implementation.
- Continually reviews current systems for operational efficiency.
- Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance growth.
- Direct and assist management of grow schedules, personnel and quality assurance practices.
- Assure compliance with local, state, and federal licensing requirements.
- Accurate data entry in inventory tracking systems.
- Facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture or related science degree; Masters or PhD preferred.
- 5+ years managing professional production agriculture environment.
- 5+ years of commercial greenhouse cultivation experience.
- Proven strategic experience in overseeing all aspects of professional production BigAg environments including equipment handling, production operations, processing and execution.
- Knowledgeable of growing methods including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria, and nutrient implementation.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects, and fungi, as well as plant treatment options.
- Strong knowledge of plant varieties with high yield and /or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
- Cannabis growing experience preferred, not required.
- Experience building and managing high performance teams.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
Suna provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.