The Chemist is the entry level for laboratory analysts. Chemist will work closely with Lab Manager/Director to execute sample analysis. Chemist must work under current quality system.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Routine analysis of samples using procedures analytical procedures for which training has occurred;
- Participate in OOS & CAPA reports, as assigned
- Must be able to obtain traceable, reproducible, and reliable results with limited supervision.
- Routine and non-routine equipment maintenance of analytical instruments;
- Successful completion of proficiency testing samples and initial demonstration of capability to demonstrate competence as required for certifications or customer requests.
- Participate in the revision of existing procedures and the drafting of new procedures under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager.
Knowledge of and operating in accordance with BCC Regulations
Education and experience required:
- B.S degree with at least two years of analytical laboratory experience, or greater.
- Experience with analytical techniques including, but not limited to: HPLC, GCMS, LCMS, & ICMPS
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.