As our Collector I, you will be responsible for performing collection activities associated with various delinquent accounts. Reviews delinquent accounts, determines reasons for delinquency and initiates contact with Credit Union members to resolve delinquency. Responsible for the collection and servicing of all assigned accounts and contacting members to advise of loan responsibilities and use excellent member service, problem solving skills and negotiating skills, offer options of repayment for delinquent loans. Ability to multitask while on the phone and on the computer. Provide exceptional member service to members and internal staff at all times.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
Assumes responsibility for the effective and efficient administration and performance of Collections functions.
- Initiate outbound calls to contact members as assigned.
- Answer inbound dialer callbacks.
- Discuss possible financial arrangements and suggest financial counseling to arrive at suitable payment arrangements for SunWest and member.
- Recommend extensions of due dates and/or suggest workout loan options.
- Determine reasons for delinquency and work towards permanent solution.
- Refer accounts to Collector II for bankruptcy, repossession, charge-off or any other escalated effort.
- Document all collection actions taken, including telephone conversations, arrangements and letter correspondence on computer collection system.
- Responsible for any assigned "secondary duties" such as processing levies or garnishments, handling negative share accounts, Collateral Protection Insurance Maintenance and GAP insurance claims.
Working knowledge of collection procedures and laws, bankruptcy regulations/disclosure requirements, and general credit reporting guidelines.
One to two years of general collections or loan call service center.
*****Will include Saturday hours*****
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.