Estimator Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Estimator and Project Manager – Heavy Civil Construction
SunWest Contracting is a licensed General Contractor in the Phoenix area specializing in the installation of dry and wet utilities. We are looking to a hire an individual for estimating new projects and join our team of project managers.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Determine and define the scope of work for new project opportunities
- Predict resources such as labor and equipment necessary to complete job
- Assist in maintaining the appropriate permits and approvals prior to job start
- Prepare comprehensive quantity take offs using digital take off software
- Create accurate estimates using B2W Estimate and submit to clients within a timely manner
- Develop and maintain client relationships while providing a high level of customer service
- Assist with tracking project costs
- Solicit subcontractors and vendors for material quotes
- Review, approve and code invoices to ensure correct billing amounts
- Order material and coordinate material deliveries to different jobs
- Create and update job schedules
- Provide support to field teams
Qualifications and Skills:
- Construction or Civil Engineering related Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years Civil Construction experience preferred
- Experienced with estimating software preferred
- Ability to read and interpret civil construction drawings
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Spanish is ideal
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Projects, and Outlook
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. Position may require to work sometime outside in hot and dusty environment.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e. phone)
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation
What We Can Offer You!!!
- Competitive Salary
- Company vehicle available for personal use
- Annual performance bonus up to 10% of total salary
- Company sponsored health insurance
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Long term growth and advancement opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Get fresh Estimator Heavy Civil jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.