Director of Operations
- $75,000 to $100,000 Yearly (plus commission)
About the position:
The primary responsibility of the Director of Operations (DO) is to manage the day-to-day operations of the company. The DO reports directly to the SCS executive leadership and works closely with entire team to build and implement the strategy of the company. The DO is responsible for oversight of the Regional Operations Managers, whose responsibility is managing permitting, procurement, installation schedule, and quality control. The DO will work closely with the Sales, Installation, and Marketing teams to build a strong network of quality installations and satisfied clients while maintaining a focus on safety, quality, and ensuring an exceptional customer experience. SunPower by South Coast Solar operates across multiple states in the Southeast so the ability to travel is a necessity. Major growth areas are currently South, North Carolina, and Georgia.
Role and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Support the Regional Operations Managers and staff.
- Collect and report on data-based evidence to aid management in making business decisions.
- Assure resources are used effectively and efficiently across multiple locations and product groups.
- Collaborate with the Residential Sales Director and Marketing Director to assure the alignment of business strategy and goals.
- Develop and implement companywide standards, processes, procedures.
- Coordinate with HR on hiring for full-time, part-time, and contract labor positions.
- Coordinate with Design and Engineering teams on new products and technology and assist in rollout to the Sales team.
- Coordinate with Regional Operations Managers to assure maximum efficiency and cost control in both purchasing and distribution.
- Coordinate with Regional Operations Managers to maintain compliance to installation standards and safety practices.
- Highly organized & have the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with others (customers and co-owners) across a large variety of topics and situations
- Experience in or ability to quickly learn competence in the design and installation of solar energy systems.
- Strong competence with Computer systems including Excel, Word, E-mail, CRM and web-based applications
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills, with an emphasis on identifying problems before they arise
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills – ability to foster a positive team in challenging environments and scenarios
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, community focused workplace
- Safety – must be comfortable enforcing safety policy with everyone, including supervisors, customers, and co-owners.
- Flexibility – adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes with change
- Proactivity – acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the process and procedures
- Must have and maintain a clean and valid driver’s record
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (desired but not required)
- OSHA 10/30 hour
- College Degree
- NABCEP certification
- Construction or Construction management experience
South Coast Solar is a regional solar installation company since 2007 looking to add & train new employees to work with our dedicated team.
South Coast Solar is a privately owned solar energy company servicing areas in the Southeast. We have completed thousands of residential and commercial installations, utilizing the best talent in the industry. We service multiple states across the Southeast. We are looking for candidates who are in the solar industry or would like to be in the solar industry and want an opportunity to help grow our regional market plan.
SunPower by South Coast Solar
2605 Ridgelake Drive MetairieMetairie, LA
Get fresh Director of Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.