SunPlus Data Group is seeking a Sr. IT Healthcare Project Manager for a State Government facility in Madison, WI
This is for 12 months to start and will likely extend
Hours are M-F, 40 hrs/week excluding holidays
Pay is $72-$80/hr
Job # 16339
Candidates must work on-site
Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the business community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately. Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed. Assists Program Manager(s) in partnering with the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing data to achieve the goals of the enterprise. Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
This is a management role with human resource management responsibilities (e.g., performance management). Manages one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity. More senior role has responsibility for multiple large, complex projects with greater impact to the enterprise. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required. Typically has 10 to 15 years of project management work experience, including 4 or more years managing projects. Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.
- Ability to create a shared understanding in a team environment
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Change management
- Communication planning
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate expectations and delivery times for work efforts and requests.
- Demonstrated competence in promoting understanding and cooperation within and between organizations
- Excellent organizational skills with a focus on accuracy, detail, and follow-through; punctual
- Experience assembling and managing large teams
- Experienced project manager or leader
- Management of large projects
- Progress tracking
- Project Management/Planning: Experience with creation of detailed workplans using automated tools (MS Project)
- Project Management experience
- Resource planning and management
- Strong verbal communications skills with ability to clearly present information and ideas to groups
- Strong written communication skills and ability to use MS Office to provide clearly written reports
- Team building
- Understanding of project management methodologies
- Capable of managing a project or subset of a project with up to ten (10) staff.
- Project Manager capabilities with 5-10 years’ experience
- Able to create integrated solutions
- Create & modify system documentation: Intermediate MS Visio, SharePoint
- Experience with policy and procedure development
- Led at least one successful EHR project within an in-patient and out-patient health care facility
- Microsoft Project
- Participation in project management methodologies including experience with 'agile' methods.
- Project proposals or charter development
- Workflow process development
- Knowledge of portfolio management concepts and methods
- Professional certification is highly desirable