SunPlus Data Group is seeking Respiratory Therapist Services for Indian Health in Gallup, NM.
**Candidates can hold a RT license in ANY US State (you do not have to be licensed in NM) as this is a Federal Government facility
This is a 10 month contract with option to extend, however candidates able to work at least 3-6 months are still encouraged to apply.
The contracting Respiratory Therapist will perform competently a wide range of judgment and initiative in the application of cardiopulmonary procedures. Contracting personnel will serve all areas of the hospital including but not limited to: Medical /Surgical, Outpatients, Emergency/Trauma Room, Pediatrics, Newborn Nursery, and Intensive Care Unit and Women’s Health Unit Duties and responsibilities may encompass outpatient, inpatient and community health services to IHS patients.
The Contractor shall be responsible for monitoring all Respiratory modes of Therapy and communicate patient assessments both negative and positive, treatment and any problems with the patient(s) to the attending physician and/or nursing staff. This communication will be done verbally and/or through clear, sound, readable documentation. The Contractor shall provide care with competency in the field of Respiratory Therapy the services listed below but not limited to this list. These services will be applied to patients of all age groups, from neonates to geriatric patients. These services will be performed in a timely manner, with respect and professionalism.
- Oxygen administration using all the devices available, such as nasal cannula, simple masks, ventri-masks, partial rebreather, aerosol mask, oxyhoods, infant incubators etc.
- Basic life support of all age specific patients.
- Initial set-up of ventilators. Ventilator management of adult, pediatric, neonatal and geriatric patients. Ventilation of patients with known diseases such as COPD, asthma, pneumonia, adult respiratory distress syndrome etc. Thorough documentation on the ventilator supported patients will be completed every 2 hours including the completion of the ventilator flow sheet.
- Assisting with intubation of patients of all ages.
- Proper care of endotracheal tubes and trach tubes. Including the use of a cuff monitor.
- Weaning patients from ventilators and recording such measurements.
- Extubation of patients of all age groups.
- Knowledge of Respiratory pharmacology.
- Nebulization treatments via small volume and large volume. Having knowledge of all Respiratory medications, their positive effects, adverse effects and proper doses.
- Metered dose inhaler/spacer administration the effects of metered dosed medications, frequencies of administration and duration of medication’s effects.
- BiPAP/CPAP administration and proper fit of nasal masks and full facemasks.
- Proper suctioning technique of patients on ventilators and those patients who are not on ventilators who need nasopharnegeal/oral suctioning.
- Comfort care to patients who are nearing their time of death.
- Obtain sputum samples either naturally, by induction, or suction.
- Performs arterial punctures being mindful to proper technique and transporting blood products properly. Analyzing arterial blood gases and interpretation.
- Run venous blood gases.
- Complete understanding, knowledge and application of chest physiotherapy involving postural drainage using percussion and vibration.
- Peak flow monitoring of patients.
- Proper use of oximeter and capnograph on all age groups.
- Performs electrocardiograms on all age groups, documents patient information, pulls files and files those EKGs post-interpretation.
- Maintains all respiratory equipment for future use by testing, cleaning and calibrating.
- Adheres to JC and CLIA standards in care of patients, equipment, the blood gas laboratory and any other laboratories operating under GIMC.
- Clearly educates and instructs patients/family followed by clear documentation of procedures.
- The Respiratory Therapist must be knowledgeable and capable of performing in trauma situations, life and death situations, critically ill, high risk patients and disasters.
- GIMC utilizes handwritten charting of documentation as its system. The Respiratory Therapist must abide to all JC standards for full assessments, monitoring effects of a patient’s response to care given and all pertinent information pertaining to the care of the patient.
- Therapist is required to fulfill all physician’s documented orders for all patients who fall under the care of Respiratory Therapy, unless, the order could cause harm to the patient.
- The Respiratory Therapist must be capable of performing Respiratory duties in an in-patient and out-patient setting.
The Supervisor shall determine specific tour of duty. The time can vary according to the needs of each facility and/or clinic, e.g. 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts, day and/or night shifts, including weekends and holidays. The contractor shall work 100% of the contracted hours.
Over the last 20 years, SunPlus Data Group has grown from a five person technology company to a full blown consulting and project management consultancy firm. SunPlus consultants have logged thousands of billable hours working with a diverse population of clients nationwide.
SunPlus Data Group, Inc is a SBA 8(a) Certified, GSA schedule holder and Minority Owned firm based in Atlanta, GA providing services to our clients all over United States.
SunPlus Data Group, Inc
Why Work Here?SunPlus Data Group is a company whose senior management has logged more than 60 man-years in managing Projects Software engineering, production, and supply chain processes in Government, Aerospace / Aviation, Defense, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Energy and Communications industries. SunPlus offers a suite of market tested industry specific solutions and consulting services ranging from project portfolio management, program management, business process automation, business intelligence, and advanced analytics to staffing and outsourcing. Over the last 20 years, SunPlus Data Group has grown from a five person technology company to a full blown consulting and project management consultancy firm. SunPlus consultants have logged thousands of billable hours working with a diverse population of clients nationwide. SunPlus Data Group, Inc is a SBA 8(a) Certified, GSA schedule holder and Minority Owned firm based in Atlanta, GA providing services to our clients all over United States.
Stability that comes with over 20 years of experience in Taking care of our employees and providing Service to our clients!!!