SunPlus Data Group is looking for a PMP Certified Project Manager for a long term Data Center Migration project
Estimated project expended to extend through December 2021
This is M-F, 40 hrs a week
Pay will be between $72-$80/hr Hourly
Candidates must work on-site, but there is a possibility of telecommuting when needed.
The State of AR will be augmenting its existing PM Staff in support of the increasing business demand. This position will report to the PMO Director in support of multiple projects. Specifically, the initial responsibilities will include working with Data Center Optimization Project Team and vendors to facilitate and manage components of the Data Center Optimization project.
Migration of MAC data center resources to the target state architecture
- Migration of agency data center resources to the target state architecture
- Disaster Recovery process establishment, testing and training.
- Internal preparation including training, testing, planning and rollout
- ITSM integration and automation
- Procurement of hardware resources
- Additional projects could include, but are not limited to; networking, security, operations, application development, testing coordination, and warehousing.
There are 10 primary data center locations with roughly 3000 servers, with remaining locations among all 84 agencies within scope (prior to Transformation) having over 600 servers. Multiple platforms are within scope of the effort including but not limited to Windows, Linux, and Unix with respect to optimization efforts
At this time, it is not anticipated that the target state virtualization architecture would be not dramatically different than today – primarily virtualized via VMWare with but with incorporation of cloud connectivity to leverage scaling capability and overall optimization opportunity. In current state, there is a presence of Hyper-V, and for Unix, there is a presence of PowerVM.
- Assist DCO SI PM in managing the transformation and data center optimization project and other projects as required
- Coordinate activities related to training, scheduling, organizational change management, migrations, procurement and testing.
- Perform general project management activities.
- Assist with procurement of hardware, software and or services.
- Coordinate and monitor daily activities and work assignments of contractors, consultants or other staff assigned to the project.
- Monitor status of project tasks, activities and deliverables, and advise PMO of any significant variations, issues, risks, etc.
- Attend or conduct project management, report and review sessions.
- Report project status updates to DCO Project Manager.
- Review and maintain technical project work plan, and report any changes to DCO Project Manager
- Review and approve project deliverables.
- Facilitate project communications, ensuring that appropriate resources are notified of, and available for planned project activities.
- Transition business processes into business and technical requirements.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business and IT systems and user needs.
- Evaluate and revise business and IT processes.
- Lead and direct the work of others.
- Anticipate and resolve issues.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor progress.
- Ensure that all project goals are accomplished according to specifications and business objectives.
- Determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Identify and track issues, risks and action items.
- Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks affecting own work and work of the project team.
- Develop contingency plans as necessary.
- Consistently provide accurate and detailed estimates
- Execution of all responsibilities with little direct supervision.
- Manage Vendor Deliverables
- Mentor and coach peers.
- Provide knowledge transfer to peers
- Provide measurable intellectual capital in developing solutions and solving problems.
- Generally aware of new developments in industry and process and has ability to apply them to work as appropriate.
- Advise client on alternate methods of solving need or problem or recommend specific solution.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous project management and IT skills working with on data center and product migrations, technology projects and coordinating medium to large-scale projects.
- Strong experience leading large/complex projects while considering strategic goals and plans and keeping customer focus.
- Project Management professional (PMP) Certification required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), At Task and SharePoint
- VMWare Experience (strongly preferred)
- Cherwell Experience (preferred)
Over the last 20 years, SunPlus Data Group has grown from a five person technology company to a full blown consulting and project management consultancy firm. SunPlus consultants have logged thousands of billable hours working with a diverse population of clients nationwide.
SunPlus Data Group, Inc is a SBA 8(a) Certified, GSA schedule holder and Minority Owned firm based in Atlanta, GA providing services to our clients all over United States.