SunPlus Data Group is seeking an Information Security Analyst IV for a State Government facility in Hartford, CT
- This is for 12 months to start and will likely extend
- Hours are generally M-F, 40 hrs/week excluding holidays 9am - 6:30pm
- Job # 79889
SCOPE OF WORK:
A consulting engagement for the for the State identifying mis- and disinformation, reporting and correcting it in real-time, and identifying any other threats in the planning stages. The primary objectives of this project:
1) Finding dis- and misinformation in real time, monitoring the dark web, internet subculture websites such as 4- and 8-chan and reddit, as well as traditional social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tik-Tok, etc., and identifying dis- and misinformation related to Connecticut elections, before it spreads, as well as identifying any other threats, physical or cyber, that are in the planning stages.
2) Countering mis- and disinformation by doing rapid response across media, reporting that mis- and dis-information to the proper authorities, promulgating correct information, and preserving the public trust in elections generally by working to ensure that all Connecticut voters have access to the most accurate possible information.
3) Other duties as needed.
Experience in the field of Information Systems Security required. CISSP, CISM, CISA, or System Administration, Networking, and Security Institute (“SANS”)/ Global Information Assurance Certification (“GIAC”) certifications preferred. Cisco or Microsoft certifications preferred, with extra preference given to advanced Cisco or Microsoft certifications such as Cisco Certified Security Professional (“CCSP”), Cisco Certified Network Professional (“CCNP”), Cisco Certified Design Professional (“CCDP”), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (“CCIE”), or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (“MSCE”).
1. Analyst must have working knowledge of relevant FISMA/ NIST information security regulations and guidelines.
2. Working knowledge of IT Security Best Practices regarding (a) networks and networking including protocol analysis, anomaly detection, and troubleshooting, and/ or (b) working knowledge of IT Security Best Practices regarding Windows and *nix Servers and workstations required.
3. Significant working experience with vulnerability assessment tools including but not limited to the following technologies; databases, web based applications, Windows and *nix file servers and data networks.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. The ability to work with limited direction in an environment with shifting priorities.
6. Strong ability to work with staff of varying skill levels (executive, technical and non-technical)
7. Ability to identify and recommend design efficiencies
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, and at least 1 year of professional experience in the field of research and/or communications. Candidates should have experience with social media management, digital communication, and content management, as well as experience doing research online and on and about the dark web. Familiarity with internet subculture websites and
working knowledge of election administration are pluses.
Over the last 20 years, SunPlus Data Group has grown from a five person technology company to a full blown consulting and project management consultancy firm. SunPlus consultants have logged thousands of billable hours working with a diverse population of clients nationwide.
SunPlus Data Group, Inc is a SBA 8(a) Certified, GSA schedule holder and Minority Owned firm based in Atlanta, GA providing services to our clients all over United States.
SunPlus Data Group, Inc
Why Work Here?SunPlus Data Group is a company whose senior management has logged more than 60 man-years in managing Projects Software engineering, production, and supply chain processes in Government, Aerospace / Aviation, Defense, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Energy and Communications industries. SunPlus offers a suite of market tested industry specific solutions and consulting services ranging from project portfolio management, program management, business process automation, business intelligence, and advanced analytics to staffing and outsourcing. Over the last 20 years, SunPlus Data Group has grown from a five person technology company to a full blown consulting and project management consultancy firm. SunPlus consultants have logged thousands of billable hours working with a diverse population of clients nationwide. SunPlus Data Group, Inc is a SBA 8(a) Certified, GSA schedule holder and Minority Owned firm based in Atlanta, GA providing services to our clients all over United States.
Stability that comes with over 20 years of experience in Taking care of our employees and providing Service to our clients!!!