Residential Energy System Designer
SunCommon Waterbury, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SunCommon is a market-leading, renewable energy company and Benefit Corporation that is fueled by the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and brighter future. Energy from the sun can power our lives and build vibrant communities. Our mission is to tear down barriers to clean energy and use our business as a force for good.
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Residential Energy System Designer to join our inspired team in Waterbury, VT. As a Residential Energy System Designer, you will be responsible for designing circuit drawings, site plans, single line electrical diagrams, and installation documentation for Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems and Energy Storage Systems (ESS). You will work predominantly in our open office environment, with occasional travel to meet with customers and perform site inspections.
Why work with us?
- Competitive salary
- FULLY PAID medical premiums for you AND your family, as well as a significant contribution toward medical deductible expenses
- FULLY PAID dental premiums for you AND a spouse or dependent
- 3 weeks PTO for 1st year and 4 weeks for year 2+
- 401k with company match, and much more!
Who you are: You’re an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills and you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative team atmosphere. You constantly strive to improve processes, methods, and tools, and want to apply your electrical power engineering skills to help protect the environment and build a brighter future through solar energy.
What you’ll do as the Residential Energy System Designer:
- Review site evaluation images and notes to effectively design PV systems
- Use AutoCAD and/or Sketch Up to design circuit drawings, site plans, system layouts and installation documentation and perform shading analysis for solar electric (PV) systems
- Create and maintain engineering files and service logs
- Work with local agencies and municipalities, electric utilities, subcontractors, vendors and installation crews
- Communicate effectively with other Engineers, Field Operations Manager, Project Managers and Installation Crews to optimize costs, productivity, customer satisfaction, and create a positive and safe work environment
What’s required of you:
- A four-year bachelor’s degree in STEM field is required (Electrical Engineering is preferred)
- 3+ years of residential PV design experience is required
- 3+ years of experience with AutoCAD or SketchUP is required
- 1+ years of Energy Storage System design experience is required
- Proficiency with Google spreadsheets and/ or Microsoft Excel
- Basic familiarity with residential construction is desired
- Familiarity with applicable electrical and structural upgrades that may be required
- Familiarity with ground mount solar PV system design is a plus
- Familiarity with the National Electric Code, utility grid interconnection, and NYSERDA technical requirements is a plus
- Sincere desire to help protect the environment and stay on the leading edge of the solar and renewable energies industry
HOW WE WORK
We feel a huge responsibility to succeed, to honor our triple bottom line commitments to People (our employees and their families, our Customers and residents of the communities where we do business), Planet (our beloved environment and the broader globe, given climate change) and Profit (providing capital to grow, revenue to share among our employees, and a reasonable return to our investors). This is important work, and we have fun doing it. Innovation is fun stuff!
Apply NOW for immediate consideration!
Visit our website to learn more about what it’s like to work with us: https://suncommon.com/work-at-suncommon/
SunCommon is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ, Spanish speaking individuals, and persons with disabilities.
ConstructionView all jobs at SunCommon