SunCommon Waterbury, VT
- Expired: 20 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SunCommon is a Benefit Corporation, fueled by the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and safer world. We are tearing down the barriers that have made renewable energy inaccessible with the goal of repowering our communities one home, school and business at a time.
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Assistant to join our inspired team based in Waterbury, VT. As the Accounting Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting accounts receivable and payable activities, preparing account reconciliations, assisting with month-end closings, third party audits, and department reporting.
Who you are:
You’re an analytical thinker with exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills. An effective communicator with strong customer service skills, who is confident working independently as well as in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- FULLY PAID medical and dental premiums for you AND your family
- 3 weeks PTO for 1st year and 4 weeks for year 2+
- 401k with company match up to 4% OR student loan matching up to 3%
- and much more!
What you’ll do as the Accounting Assistant:
- Manage Accounting email inboxes and customer correspondence
- Communicate with external vendors, customers, and internal colleagues regarding Accounting requirements
- Receive incoming payments, record, and make bank deposits
- Enter accounts payable invoices and reconcile statements
- Enter customer invoices and deposits into NetSuite
- Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals and logs
- Assist with the purchase order process
- Assist with external audits
- Perform weekly reconciliations of bank accounts
- Assist the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Aid in timely completion of month-end tasks
What’s required of you:
- At least 1 year of experience in an accounting field and an Associate degree or higher in Accounting or related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Must be proficient in Excel, including vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience in Balance Sheet reconciliations is required
- Experience in Salesforce and NetSuite is a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to social change
Pay: $17 - $20 per hour, based on experience.
Apply now by submitting a resume and cover letter.
HOW WE WORK
We feel a huge responsibility to succeed, to honor our triple bottom line commitments to People (our employees and their families, our Customers and residents of the communities where we do business), Planet (our beloved environment and the broader globe, given climate change) and Profit (providing capital to grow, revenue to share among our employees, and a reasonable return to our investors). This is important work, and we have fun doing it. Innovation is fun stuff!
Check out our Careers page to learn more about what it’s like to work with us: https://suncommon.com/work-at-suncommon/
SunCommon is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ, Spanish speaking individuals, and persons with disabilities.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at SunCommon