Sun Valley Academy Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Sun Valley Academy
Location: South Mountain
Job Type: Temporary
Salary Range: $115/ day
Sun Valley Academy is a premier charter school district serving students in the Avondale and South Mountain communities. We believe in educating the whole child by focusing on academics, leadership development, community involvement, extracurricular activities, and creating a nurturing environment. As a Leader in Me School, our students begin learning and implementing leadership principles in Kindergarten and continue throughout their academic career. At Sun Valley Academy, we celebrate and promote diversity and inclusion, build community partnerships, and seek sustainable practices to preserve our environment.
About You Our New SVA Team Member!
You are a nurturing and caring Substitute Teacher who is looking to teach and help with students in their classrooms as their regular classroom teacher is absent. You are a talented team player who loves working with students. You enjoy making a difference in the lives of children and you thrive in a fast-paced environment! Not only are you a highly qualified, motivated, self-starter; you will work well with others, seek solutions to challenges, and provide a loving and warm environment for our students.
How You Will Make a Difference at Sun Valley Academy
As a Substitute Teacher, you will provide instruction for scheduled lessons, manage the classroom environment and promote student learning in the absence of the regular school classroom teacher.
You will also:
- Follow lesson plans provided by the regular Teacher to create a cohesive and consistent learning experience for students
- Manage the classroom effectively to encourage student participation, minimize distractions and maintain a positive learning environment
- Adapt teaching methods to fit the needs of each individual student
- Supervise students in and out of the classroom, including in the halls, on the playground and in the cafeteria
- Provide in-class and at-home assignments based on the available lesson plan
- For long-term substitutes: develop lesson plans and assignments consistent with the regular teacher's past lesson plans
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A valid and current Substitute Teacher Certificate
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in education
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and instruct students of all ages
- General knowledge of several subjects
- Ability to adapt plans to specific classrooms
- Flexibility and critical-thinking skills
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Capable of managing multiple tasks
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time
- Possess prioritization and organization skills
- Communicate effectively within all levels of the organization
- Skilled at working alone or in a team environment
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, pull and occasionally carry up to 20 pounds
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Sun Valley Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
BACKGROUND SCREENING PROCESS
To ensure safety for all students, all staff members may be fingerprinted. Background checks will be conducted on all school staff prior to their service as employees.
ONLY THE MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
Sun Valley Academy
EducationView all jobs at Sun Valley Academy