Special Education Teacher
Sun Valley Academy Avondale, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Sun Valley Academy
Special Education Teacher
Job Type: Part-time
Part Time Job: $23,000-25,000/yr.
**New Teachers Start on July 7, 2021; Students return on July 19, 2021)
Sun Valley Academy is a premier charter school district serving students in the Avondale and South Mountain communities. We believe in educating the whole child by focusing on academics, leadership development, community involvement, extracurricular activities, and creating a nurturing environment. As a Leader in Me School, our students began learning and implementing leadership principles in Kindergarten and continue throughout their academic career. At Sun Valley Academy, we celebrate and promote diversity and inclusion, build community partnerships, and seek sustainable practices to preserve our environment.
ABOUT YOU OUR NEW SVA TEAM MEMBER!
You are an enthusiastic team player who is looking to grow your career with an expanding organization. You are talented and love working with students, families and teachers. You enjoy making a difference in the lives of children and you thrive in a fast-paced environment! Not only are you a highly qualified, motivated, self-starter; you work well with others, you seek solutions to challenges, and you are a proven leader.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At SVA, we offer smaller class sizes (for teacher postings), competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, a warm and loving environment, opportunities to lead after school clubs and programs, and future growth opportunities.
ABOUT THE POSITION
A Special Education Teacher is responsible for providing the appropriate accommodations and modifications to the set curriculum for their students. Their duties include identifying the individual needs of their students, creating a supportive and effective learning environment and ensuring their students have the resources they need to succeed.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT SUN VALLEY ACADEMY
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Provide instruction and classroom management services with special needs students.
- Provide the necessary tools needed for performance, success and advancement.
- Provide compensation and benefits that enhance their quality of life.
- Encourage creative expression in their chosen profession
- Provide leadership while encouraging individual participation in the achievement of our school's mission.
- Behavioral support which includes physical management.
- Provide instruction to whole group, individual students and small groups of students.
- Provide students in achieving academic success to include social integration and personal care and supervision.
- Devising and implementing special strategies for reinforcing skills based on the special needs and abilities of each child.
- Developing and preparing instructional materials and training modules.
- Establishing and reinforcing acceptable student behavior, attitudes, and social skills.
- Provides support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
- Implementation of Individual Education Plans for the students and monitor their progress
- Recordkeeping for the instructional program and student records.
- Providing inventory and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Monitor and assist with transporting students to and from school and on field trips.
- Monitor and assist students during meal and recess periods.
- Use a variety of activities and materials.
- Administering student testing administration and scoring.
- Develops and maintained effective collaborations with teachers, parents, administrators and community partners.
- Work with students on a one-to-one basis including students with sensory, cognitive, emotional and/or physical disabilities.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution, advanced degree preferred.
- Special Education state certification.
- Experience teaching Special Education in grades K-8.
- Confidence and enthusiasm to quickly learn and utilize technology.
- Knowledge and understanding of state and/or national content standards.
- Strong skills in working with students with diverse needs and skill levels.
- Strong oral and written communication, instruction, curriculum, conflict resolution, multitasking, problem solving, decision making and organizational skills.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
Sun Valley offers competitive salary, full medical benefits and a 401K retirement program. We are a warm, caring, supportive environment where all team members work collaboratively to help our students achieve the best possible academic outcomes.
BACKGROUND SCREENING PROCESS
To ensure safety for all students, all staff members may be fingerprinted. Background checks will be conducted on all school staff prior to their service as employees.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Sun Valley Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Sun Valley Academy
EducationView all jobs at Sun Valley Academy