Senior Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
With nearly 80 employees, over 100 projects completed or under development, and an award-winning track record of innovation and implementation, Sun Tribe is one of the fastest growing clean energy companies in the Mid-Atlantic United States. Thanks to an experienced, in-house team of development, engineering, financial, regulatory, procurement, and construction experts, Sun Tribe serves as a comprehensive energy advisory and delivery company for our client-partners.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) position lies within the Project Management (PM) Department of Sun Tribe Solar, which is responsible for engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning of all projects. The PM Department has the essential function of procuring and administering EPC Agreements and subcontract agreements with the objective of delivering commercially operating assets.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) role provides office-based project management leadership of utility and commercial-scale solar PV (roof, ground, and carport) and energy storage projects, ensuring that projects are delivered safely, on time, within budget, and according to Sun Tribe Solar’s industry leading quality standards.
The Senior Project Manager reports to the Director of Project Management and will typically supervise one or two other team members.
- Recognizes that safety is the paramount function; be proactive and steadfast; plan for safety
- Accountable for execution of company and OSHA safety policies on and off construction sites, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working
- Leads and supports the site team; ensure new personnel and visitors to site receive job- and task-specific training
- Identifies and mitigates or eliminate existing and potential hazards; contribute to the development and implementation of corrective and preventative measures; continually improve individual, project, and Company safety postures
- Directs and guides the project team, ensuring that project objectives and priorities are understood, and that strategic plans are executed.
- Builds and maintains project momentum and morale
- Communicates effectively to a broad range of stakeholders, including the company’s internal management team; manages expectations; provides status reports internally and externally; facilitate meetings; produces mutually desirable outcomes predictably.
- Follows established processes to ensure that plan implementation is consistent across the project team and the Project Management Department; challenge established processes in pursuit of perpetual improvement.
- Provides a constructive and engaging work environment by:
- Aligns individual and team objectives to department and company objectives
- Manages and supports employee growth and development
- Provides regular and direct feedback on performance progress.
- Ensures that training is provided, as needed, and that relevant certifications are maintained.
- Develops and manages the project execution plan; coordinates project kick-off meetings (internal and external).
- Develops, maintains, re-assesses, and leverages comprehensive project schedules; actively uses schedules to plan and manage work, including labor, equipment, and material requirements.
- Prepares and submits all non-discretionary permit applications to local, state, and federal authorities having jurisdiction; obtain permits; always maintains full compliance with all permits
- Develops and maintains risk response plans; implements as needed.
- Develops RFP packages, administers RFP processes, evaluates proposals, value engineers, negotiates contracts and subcontracts.
- Follows a logical framework to prepare and present recommendations and plans, identifies, and analyzes issues; develops and assesses options; coordinates and resolves; presents and follow-through.
- Manages the project quality control program to ensure that processes are consistently implemented according to the plan; delivers the specified product.
- Coordinates system commissioning and performance testing with the Sun Tribe-internal quality and engineering departments, utilities, owners, third-party engineers, and others.
- Warranties: understand, preserve, secure, issue and transfer them.
- Works in collaboration with Development Engineers to review the estimate and allocate estimated items to the final project budget.
- Manages project budgets; report weekly costs-to-date, estimated costs to complete, committed costs, cost risks and mitigation strategies, cost-saving opportunities, etc.
- Interfaces with accounting department to process incoming and outgoing invoices and forecast and manage project cash flows.
- Ensures Sun Tribe site personnel are procuring materials, equipment, and labor in accordance with the project budget.
- Provides excellence in the management and delivery of the project, in-line with the expectations of key stakeholders.
- Strengthens and continuously maintains the client relationship.
- Manages partners, including subcontractors, vendors, and consultants, who support project execution.
- Effectively manages contracts (prime, subcontracts, purchase orders) including exhibits and ancillary documents; effectively manages change orders
- Manages system interconnection agreement requirements with the local utility.
- Empowers project team to understand and make decisions based on contract terms.
- Drafts, reviews, manages, and improves subcontracts; identifies and negotiates key terms; manages risk.
- Monitors and controls changes.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree required: Bachelor's Degree in construction management, business, engineering or other technical related field is required
- A minimum four (4) years’ experience in construction and/or project management experience or related field required
- Preference to candidates who hold or are in the process of obtaining:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification through the Project Management Institute or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Procore certification(s)
- NABCEP PV Installer Specialist certification
- Current, valid Driver’s License, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Honest, reliable, tactful, respectful, and conscientious
- Self-motivated to perpetually improve as an individual, to help others improve, and to contribute to improvement as part of a team
- Ability to leverage project management software such as MS Project (or equivalent CPM scheduling software), MS Excel, Smartsheets, and construction management platforms such as Procore
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong personal organizational skills to manage time, prioritize effectively, and manage multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines
- Ability to lead and work well with others in a collaborative team environment; capable of delegating effectively; capable of inspiring others to action
- Demonstrate Company Core values
Sun Tribe provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Sun Tribe complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Sun Tribe has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Sun Tribe Solar is a drug-free workplace.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Sun Tribe