Construction Manager or Specialist Junior-Senior - Santa Rosa, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Construction Manager or Construction Specialist Junior to Senior Level
Utility Special Programs
Are you striving to support multiple project teams with numerous projects by using your Construction Management capabilities? Do you assure quality and safety are paramount to the goals of your project teams?
Sun Mountain LLC provides professional services for utility and infrastructure projects. The Sun Mountain Team has core competencies in civil infrastructure and utilities, construction management, project management and project controls.
Sun Mountain has brought together a team experienced with infrastructure and utilities from planning and engineering through construction. The leadership team of Sun Mountain is composed of military veterans, which reflects the company's values of teamwork and commitment. Sun Mountain looks for team-players who reflect these values and hires diverse and highly-qualified employees.
This position will work side-by-side with the area's utility company. You will be part of a newly formed Spoils Program division. You will be tasked to provide support to project teams (gas and electric) in the coordination, testing, and delivery of project spoils to 3rd party recipients.
This position will involve estimating, attending pre-construction meetings with other utility departments and/or outside jurisdictional agencies, coordinating with customers, coordinating with key project stakeholders and reporting. Also, this position may support crews during construction.
This is a DOT covered classification and subject to random drug testing.
Travel is estimated to be about 70% of the time with some overnight stays.
Territory of Reasonability:
This position will be centralized in the Santa Rosa area; however, you will be frequently responsible to drive to project sites/locations as far north as Eureka. Mileage and meals will be paid for. You will be assigned a local office, however you will be working from your home office primarily.
Traveling will be required. A reliable vehicle will be needed (not supplied). As a CM you will have the ability to set your travel needs unless the project team or supervision determine otherwise.
- Clearly report to project managers, project construction teams, team members, and supervision
- Sampling plans
- Soil analytic findings
- Project delineations
- Soil delivery and needed disposal understandings
- Work with local environmental team members on developing sampling plans and giveaway plans
- Work with multiple Project Managers
- Work with 3rd party recipients and customers
- Track data and report regularly to management
- Upload data and reports to utility systems regularly
- Microsoft Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Google Earth – Navigation and the creation & manipulation of KMZ files
- Customer-specific databases
- Outlook – email, calendar scheduling
- GIS user knowledge
Qualifications/qualities we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Min. 3 years of CM experience
- US Work Authorization
- Underground utilities or civil experience preferred
- Ability to utilize computer programs. If not familiar with some of these, the successful candidate will have the ability to learn quickly
- Team player and outstanding communicator
- Detailed-oriented and top-notch file management skills
- Prioritizes safety in all facets of the job and perpetuates a safety culture
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Critical thinker
- Communicator and customer service as a consultant
Health, Dental, Vision Insurances, 401K, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave
Based on Experience; $85,000 to $125,000 annually
Along with the selection of successful applicants, candidates will be required to fill out an application.
Equal Employment Policy:
It is the policy of Sun Mountain LLC to offer equal opportunity in all areas of employment to all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
Additional client-specific policies will be required.
Sun Mountain LLC
AddressSanta Rosa, CA
Get fresh Construction Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.