The Warehouse/Driver position is responsible for the completeness and correctness of all warehouse transactions, as well as the upkeep and maintenance of the branch warehouse environment. This position is also responsible for the safe, efficient, accurate, and timely delivery and pick-up of product in the most productive manner possible.
The job will include, but not be limited to:
- Select customer and branch orders from the warehouse ensuring that the correct number and type of product is shipped.
- Carry or transport orders to customer/counter/shipping area with material handling equipment, label orders as requested
- Repack any orders that require such handling
- Ensure outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage
- Ensure that all orders are loaded on the truck at departure
- Determine that all material for each order is correct (quantity and type of material) before departure
- Deliver orders as per the customer's requirements including delivery site, delivery time, and delivered to the proper location.
- Perform a daily vehicle inspection and complete appropriate documentation. Keep vehicle clean, serviced and maintained in accordance with the Owner's Manual and Sun’s maintenance requirements.
- Determine that all appropriate documentation is thoroughly completed at the time of delivery, including customer packing list and branch manifest.
- Operate machinery including forklift, reach truck, and wire cutting machine in performance of Warehouse duties when required.
- Maintain a minimum standard for productivity and accuracy as determined by Management.
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on equipment.
- Required to report an auto accident efficiently and on a timely manner to management.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3-5 years previous driving experience with clean driving history
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS standards. Obtain and maintain a DOT physical Medical card and have it renewed every 2 years.
- Minimum six months experience with warehouse material handling equipment (electric pallet jack or high low & Forklift) preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills and be able to work a PC Computer and laptop computer and learn new programs as needed and required.
- Reliable and regular attendance is required.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, controls and office equipment. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch. The work takes place in normal warehouse environment as well as in cooler and freezer areas where the temperatures may be as low as -5 degrees. Must be able to lift up to 75lbs without assistance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.