The Product Manager, Commercial, is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with R&D and Portfolio Manager, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, finance, operations, purchasing, and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Product Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the production of a product from beginning to end, which can involve:
- Using market research to get ideas for products that customers will want.
- Helping to oversee the design and manufacture and planning how to market and promote the product to the customers, distributors and consumers.
- Defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Comparing the company’s products to competitor’s products in order to assess competition in the market.
- Providing management with analyses and reports and responding to questions and requests from management.
- Specifying and overseeing the research needed to determine the needs and desires of customers.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and product production schedules to maintain product availability.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required since the Product Manager has to communicate with team members, other departments, upper management and consumers of the company’s products.
- Expertise in the product or market including specific technical or horticulture/agriculture/cannabis industry knowledge.
- Superior project management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure.
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive and creative.
- Team player who collaborates well with others.
- Innovation: generating and collating new ideas, prioritizing the ones that look most interesting, and coming up with what the product proposition might be.
Critical Skills and Qualifications:
- Product Management, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Inventory Control, Financial Planning and Strategy
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- B.S. Degree in Agriculture, Marketing, Business Administration or related discipline with 5+ years previous product management and/or sales experience.
- It is essential that the candidate have, or can develop, a broad knowledge of the product portfolio
- The candidate must be able to recognize competitive activities in the marketplace
- This position requires travel to customers and non-customers sites in US.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US & Canada.
- Normal office environment.
- This position requires travel to customers and non-customers sites in US & Canada.
- Tight time lines, so working extended hours during peak periods is required.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds.
Powered by JazzHR
Sun Gro HorticultureAgawam, MA
BusinessView All Sun Gro Horticulture Jobs
Get fresh Product Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.