Application Support Specialist
Sun Gro Horticulture
- Posted: over a month ago
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Solve customer business application issues. If unable to solve, escalate to the vendors and monitor until resolution is reached in accordance with IT Department’s standard operating procedures
- Communicate effectively with customers to accurately understand their needs and priorities to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Organize and perform analysis, testing and documentation of Jet Enterprise cube changes. Understand user needs and develop solutions to enhance the use of information.
- Organize and perform analysis, testing and documentation of salesforce changes to reports and dashboards. Understand user needs and develop solutions to enhance the use of information.
- Assist with security within NAV including account, table and process access.
- Educate customers via formal and informal trainings. This will include generating periodic tips given to all users, and continuous improvement of the end user experience.
- Provide support for EDI communications and trading partner setup.
- Provide off hours support as required by the business.
- Assist with account audits performed in AD, NAV, Email, and Security Awareness Training.
- Assist Business Owners with developing and improving SharePoint.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High level understanding of corporate business environments and the day-to-day practices of a multi-site operation
- Strong customer focus - includes the ability to balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business as well as fostering a strong customer focus mindset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to explain problems or answers to all levels of the organization
- Strong Fact Based Decision Making skills – supports decisions with data and uses data to solve problems
- Ability to turn abstract process designs into usable business tools
- Strong execution skills – can provide support without removing responsibility, monitors progress to ensure achievement of goals, coordinate with other work groups.
- Fosters Teamwork – values all employee’s contributions, involving team in decisions that affect them and discourages “we” vs. “them” attitude.
- Computer skills are a must, specific proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet and email.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fixed term contract for 12 months
- Minimum of two years college focusing on IT related courses (or equivalent)
- Two years of experience with a broad range of business applications
- One-Three years of business / ERP software experience or support (manufacturing systems a plus)
- Presentation & training experience
- Ability to perform technical writing and customer documentation
- Report writing experience is a plus
Powered by JazzHR
Sun Gro Horticulture
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?