- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sun Construction is seeking an experienced carpenter to join our team. In this role, you will work directly under the supervision of a qualified Lead Carpenter, and, at an apprentice level, construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, metal studs, and drywall using carpenter's hand tools and power tools, while conforming to local building codes. Must have basic carpentry tools to perform the work, and reliable transportation.
- Help install foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials
- Assist with fitting and installing window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter's level, plumb bob, and laser levels
- Erect scaffolding, ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
- Position and hold timbers, lumber, or paneling in place for fastening or cutting
- If required, select tools, equipment, and/or materials from storage and transport items to work site
- Clean work areas, machines, or equipment, to maintain a clean and safe job site
- Hold plumb bobs, sighting rods, or other equipment to aid in establishing reference points and lines
- Cut and install timbers, lumber and/or paneling to specified dimensions, and drilling holes in timbers or lumber
- Sand surfaces to remove ridges, tool marks, glue, or caulking
Qualifications & Education/Experience Requirements:
- Minimum apprentice level carpentry experience with proficiency in reading and understanding of architectural/structural plans or blueprints.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of job site safety and OSHA standards, as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
- Be able to work harmoniously as part of a team.
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Strong communication skills
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high, and often requires proper ear protection. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; bend; use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of some of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About our company:
Sun Construction Inc. is based in Keaau, Hawaii and has been in business since 2008. The company seeks to optimize customer satisfaction through a corporate emphasis on excellence in performance, utilizing project management to produce projects that are completed on-time and within budget, and with excellence and professionalism in all our finished products.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Special Disclosure: Sun Construction, Inc requires a criminal background check for all full-time and part-time employees upon hire once a conditional offer of employment has been extended by the hiring manager. Although a disqualification is possible, in accordance with federal and state laws, a previous conviction does not automatically disqualify an applicant from consideration for employment with Sun Construction, Inc. Depending on a variety of factors (for example, the nature of the position, the nature of the conviction, age of the candidate when the illegal activity occurred), the candidate may still be eligible for employment with Sun Construction, Inc. However, if an applicant attempts to withhold information or falsify information pertaining to previous convictions, the employee will be disqualified from further employment consideration in any position with the company due to falsification of an application. An offer of employment may be extended to an applicant prior to the completion of the criminal conviction check. However, the applicant’s first day of work in the position must not be prior to the satisfactory completion of the criminal conviction check.
Sun Construction Inc
Get fresh Commercial Construction Carpenter jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.