QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree or above. Must have valid South Carolina teacher’s certificate in special education (classification areas: intellectual disabilities, learning disabilities, or multicategorical certification).
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at times designated.
2. Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students and state standards in the subject area.
3. Establishes clear objectives for all classroom activities and communicates these objectives to students.
4. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
5. Utilizes effective classroom management strategies to create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and developmentally appropriate for students.
6. Strives to implement by instruction and action the District’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
7. Takes all the necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
8. Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, District policy, and administrative regulation.
9. Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TERMS: 190 days. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provision of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION HERE: https://www.applitrack.com/sumterschools/onlineapp/default.aspx
Questions can be directed to:
Dr. Trevor Ivey, Director of Teacher Recruitment & Retention
803-469-6900, ext. 213