- Posted: over a month ago
The Health and safety Manager will ensure everyone in the company complies with health and safety laws. You will also be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace and safe practices.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive, update, and propose a comprehensive, multi-year strategy to continue the company's journey towards EHS performance excellence. This includes work in personal safety, environment, occupational health and process safety. The strategy focuses both on technical systems/standards, and also on leadership/behavioral/cultural aspects
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance for the Safety department including people, data and budgetary responsibility.
- Provide technical expertise, strategic leadership and support to company various facilities on regulatory compliance issues in Safety.
- Understand any/all potential safety hazards present; take steps to reduce/ mitigate any potential safety hazards.
- Create synergy and leverage the knowledge, personnel and resources of the Safety department.
- Build world class safety programs leading to sustainable change in the safety culture.
- Lead and oversee specific programs to assure regulatory compliance in EHS.
- Manage the EHS information and reporting, including the generation of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports, their corresponding analysis, and the proposition of improvement actions.
- Comprehensive understanding of risk assessments of machine guarding and Incident Investigations.
- Manage and buildup Safety Committees.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 5 years' experience as safety manager.
- BSc/BA in safety management or related filed is a must.
- CSP (Certified Safety professional ) certification preferred.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines.
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Manufacturing back ground preferred.
This job operates in a manufacturing Facility setting.
Frequent, bending, stooping, squatting, as well as frequent movement (walking) throughout the facility . Access information on the computer.
To see new and updated job postings and job postings similar to this, please follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/summithr
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at SummitHR