Desktop Support Specialists
Desktop Support Specialist
Responsible for providing information solutions in hardware, software, and installation support on desktop Personal Computers (PC) and other network computing devices. Provides technical expertise to evaluate, install and maintain both hardware and software solutions to accurately meet the needs of our customers on a timely basis. Under the supervision of the Desktop Manager, performs a wide range of technical duties assisting with the implementation and support of the hospital's desktop services. Provides technical expertise to evaluate, install and maintain both hardware and software solutions to accurately meet the needs of our customers on a timely basis. Projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution primarily via onsite visits to client's offices and occasionally via email and phone support
- Configure client equipment to connect to network and/or domain resources, run necessary financial software and misc. applications
- Provide training to clients in the use of our Citrix services and VPN connectivity for remote access
- Maintain client hardware including PC and MAC workstations and laptops, printers/scanners, mobile devices and tablets
- Manage/troubleshoot hardware issues (video cards, USB & peripheral devices and drivers)
- Troubleshoot Activesync and other mobile device technologies
- Publish/Manage Citrix applications
- Lite Server administration
- Create/Manage Active Directory accounts, groups & permissions
- Install, configure & manage print queues
- Basic knowledge of domain services & policies
- Troubleshoot DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP issues
- Occasional lifting of computer hardware and related equipment (up to 50lbs)
- Occasional travel (San Francisco, Seattle, Portland)
- Daily car travel for local onsite client visits within about a 30 mile radius
- Demonstrated the ability to handle multiple projects at once, with strong organizational skills and minimal supervision. Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to manage/troubleshoot hardware (video cards, USB & peripheral devices and drivers)
- Ability to troubleshoot Activesync and other mobile device technologies
- Ability to assess and prioritize work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage resources both laterally & vertically
- Mac Operating systems (OSX, IOS for iPhone, iPad, Apple products).
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- Technical certifications and training a plus
- 2-4 years minimum experience in a relevant field
- Must have valid driver's license
- GREAT ATTITUDE, team player always willing to pitch in and take on new tasks
- Proactive/flexible nature - if you see something that can be improved, we welcome input.
To see new and updated job postings and job postings similar to this, please follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/summithr
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
SummitHRLos Angeles, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.