Service Technician - AR
- Expired: October 20, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join our Growing Team and see why Summit Utilities, Inc was named as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies 2019 and 2020; Best Places to Work in Maine 2019 and 2020; and Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2020.
Summit is a growing natural gas utility providing safe, reliable and clean burning natural gas service to homes and businesses in Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri and Oklahoma. Being part of the Summit team means embracing excellence, diversity and innovation, committing to safety each and every day, and doing all that we can to serve each other, our customers and the communities where we live. We aim to bring warmth and energy to everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity open for a Service Technician in our Fort Smith, AR district.
We have an exciting opening for a Service Technician based out of our Summit Utilities/Arkansas Oklahoma Gas Corporation, Fort Smith, AR office.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
The primary responsibility of a Service Technician is to connect, disconnect, and resolve service problems regarding natural gas service provided to residential and commercial customers; locate underground gas piping in the field using pipeline locating equipment, perform leak survey and various other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants must reside within the Fort Smith, AR service territory, not to exceed a twenty (20) mile radius of the AOG Operating Headquarters and have telephone service. Moving outside the mile limit and/or losing telephone service would be a disqualifier from this position and may place employment in jeopardy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for dealing with internal departments, customers and vendors, and completing required paperwork.
- Strong demonstrated mechanical aptitude required.
- Computer proficiency
- Applicant must be physically able to walk on all terrain; lift and carry a maximum of 75 pounds; push and pull with extreme force; squat, kneel, and bend on a frequent basis; as well as climb a ladder.
- Applicant must possess a valid Arkansas or Oklahoma driver's license and be insurable under the specifications of the automobile liability insurance carrier retained by AOG.
The position is covered under the D.O.T. regulations and Summit Utilities Drug and Alcohol Policy and is, therefore, subject to all terms of the Policy, including the random selection for drug testing.
Summit Utilities, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
AddressFort Smith, AR
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Summit Utilities