Senior Business Analyst
- Posted: 12 days ago
Join our Growing Team and see why Summit Utilities, Inc was named as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies 2019 and 2020; Best Places to Work in Maine 2019, 2020,2021; and Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2020.
Summit is a growing natural gas utility company providing safe, reliable and clean burning natural gas service to homes and businesses in Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri and Oklahoma. Being part of the Summit team means embracing excellence, diversity and innovation, committing to safety each and every day, and doing all that we can to serve each other, our customers and the communities where we live. We aim to bring warmth and energy to everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity open for a Senior Business Analyst based in either Fort Smith, Little Rock or the NW Region of AR with the ability to work remote.
The purpose of this role is to own and manage end to end solution delivery and support for enterprise systems, applications, and related integrations. Sr. Business Analysts are responsible for ensuring Summit’s enterprise systems and integrated applications are highly available, efficient, and well understood by end users and stakeholders. Successful candidates are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have a passion and skillset for using technology to solve problems. The Business Analyst is a key contact between Team Members, Solution Providers, and IT staff and must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Because of the fast-paced environment, the Business Analyst will also be called on to provide support and drive solutions to completion by working with all involved parties as well as being a significant individual contributor.
This position requires excellent client services and technical skills. It is also desirable to have expertise with architecture, design, and other enterprise software suites. Additionally, documentation, mapping, and presentation skills are expected. Successful candidates should have a high energy level and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both business and technical audiences.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Team Members of ERP and other systems to analyze, document, recommend, and implement improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues related to enterprise applications and systems.
- Manage and drive necessary efforts with internal and external teams to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for creating Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and leading the execution of the BRD, working alongside other IT resources in a techno-functional capacity.
- Develop and document test cases and participate in system testing.
- Create and deliver training sessions on systems and processes.
- Develop and maintain accurate system and process documentation.
- Provides leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff.
- Acts as Team Lead for larger projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other closely related field. Significant experience can be considered in lieu of formal training.
- Strong understanding of Accounting and Financial concepts a plus.
- Understanding of the Utilities/Energy sector is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a technical or business functional role.
- Experience in data migration and conversion.
- Strong understanding of Cloud technologies such as DevOps and Logic Apps.
- Strong technical knowledge of Structure Query Language (SQL) and Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI or other Analytics platforms.
- Software development using Microsoft .NET and C# is considered a plus.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP, is desired.
- Ability to coordinate, manage and implement complex solutions.
- Demonstrated process mapping skills.
- Ability to identify and sell commonality in process across multiple business systems.
- Attention to detail with good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be a self-starter that can work with little direction.
- Team leadership experience.
- Friendly and effective communication skills are a must.
- Influencer resulting in a trusted advisor relationship between IT and the business.
- Robust presentation, facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects and priorities.
- Not afraid to fail, but always has a plan to remediate a failure.
- Attention to detail, especially with contracts, statement of work creation, and pricing negotiation.
- Capable of developing short and long-term plans for areas of responsibility. Owns both successes and failures with humility and integrity.
Summit offers competitive pay and medical/dental/vision and other benefits that provide flexibility, choice and support to our employees when they need it most. We understand that home and family are essential pieces of your life, and our benefits are designed to support you both at work and at home.
Summit Utilities, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Summit Utilities Inc
AddressFort Smith, AR
BusinessView all jobs at Summit Utilities Inc