Join our Growing Team and see why Summit Utilities, Inc was named as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies 2019 and 2020; Best Places to Work in Maine 2019, 2020 and 2021; and Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2020.
Summit is a growing natural gas utility company providing safe, reliable and clean burning natural gas service to homes and businesses in Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri and Oklahoma. Being part of the Summit team means embracing excellence, diversity and innovation, committing to safety each and every day, and doing all that we can to serve each other, our customers and the communities where we live. We aim to bring warmth and energy to everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity open for a Project Manager based in our Lawton, OK location.
The Project Manager position will be a part of the Engineering department and reports directly to the Manager of Engineering. The Project Manager will coordinate with other inter-departmental staff to ensure completion of all preliminary project contracting, estimating, land acquisition, cost approvals, and permitting. This position will also be responsible for overall project budget and schedule while maintaining and/or coordinating on-site presence during construction activities. This position will work closely with the Construction Team to ensure proper resources are in place to meet anticipated schedules and to provide overall project quality control.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring timely execution of all project functions from cradle (Work Request) to grave (Oracle close out and documentation review)
- Responsible for project specific contract execution: Coordinates with the Pipeline Safety and Compliance teams on Operator Qualification (OQ) requirements; Coordinates with the Legal Department on contract terms
- Ensure appropriate right-of-way is acquired for specified pipeline route prior to any construction activities.
- Responsible to acquire and/or ensure any and all permits necessary to complete projects are obtained
- Coordinates with the Construction Manager and State Engineer on all projects
- Responsible to draft and maintain up-to-date project schedules utilizing Gantt chart software
- Coordinates with the Procurement team to ensure timely delivery of all required project materials to the correct material specifications.
- Responsible for actuals to budget performance for individual projects. Schedule and help manage contract resources, ensuring assumed production rates and quality are met. Manage multiple large- and small-scale construction projects at once.
- Coordinate with Business Development team on new projects and project feasibility.
- Perform site visits for pre-project estimating ongoing construction and project closeout.
- Manage and update key project data, generate periodic reports and present project status updates in weekly and monthly meetings.
- Provide input as a Subject Matter Expert for process refinement and organizational pivots.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School or GED required.
- Minimum five years of experience in a regulated natural gas utility or seven years of experience in a project management position involving underground utility construction or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PMP certification, Bachelor’s Degree in business management or a technical field a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- General underground utility knowledge and skills to proficiently review engineered plan sets while exhibiting adaptability to make appropriate changes when required.
- Excellent organizational planning skills required with demonstrated quality and thoroughness on each assignment and exhibits high level of attention to detail in all facets of the work.
- Polished interpersonal/communication skills including outstanding verbal skills exhibited in meetings, one-on-one exchanges and presentations. Appropriate written communication skills required for writing in a technical format.
- Capable of working well with others as the position requires a great deal of collaboration both within the engineering department and with the construction teams.
- Ability to provide feedback in a positive and constructive manner is paramount.
- Exhibits a high-level of personal initiative and motivation to multi-task several projects simultaneously.
- Innovative mindset demonstrating an interest in brainstorming and proposing new ideas
- Working knowledge of Natural Gas Systems and Industry
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with web-connected software tools preferred (Smartsheet, Atlassian, etc)
- Knowledge of multiple Project Management methodologies preferred (Agile, EVM, etc)
Summit offers competitive pay and medical/dental/vision and other benefits that provide flexibility, choice and support to our employees when they need it most. We understand that home and family are essential pieces of your life, and our benefits are designed to support you both at work and at home.
Summit Utilities,Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Summit Utilities IncLawton, OK
ConstructionView All Summit Utilities Inc Jobs
Get fresh Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.