Outside Sales/Customer Development - Energy/Utilities
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join our Growing Team and see why Summit Utilities, Inc was named as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies 2019 and 2020; Best Places to Work in Maine 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022; and Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2020 and Oklahoma 2022.
Summit is a growing natural gas utility company providing safe, reliable and clean burning natural gas service to homes and businesses in Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri and Oklahoma. Being part of the Summit team means embracing excellence, diversity and innovation, committing to safety each and every day, and doing all that we can to serve each other, our customers and the communities where we live. We aim to bring warmth and energy to everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity open for an Outside Sales/Customer Development Representative - Energy/Utilities based in Pueblo West, CO.
The Customer Development Representative is responsible for obtaining new commercial and residential customers for Colorado Natural Gas. Prospecting and developing relationships with builders, realtors, and attending business related meetings.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for achieving company sales goals for new commercial and residential sales customers by:
o Initiating or responding to prospective customers and scheduling appointments
o Educating prospective customers regarding the advantages (savings, environmental, ease of use) to converting their service to natural gas
o Identifying important customer decision points and providing solutions that address them
o Finalizing each new customer signup by completing all necessary paperwork including a commercial/residential service application, a drawing sheet, and any other forms needed to facilitate an installation agreement
o Completing, scanning and following through with all contracts and other documents
o Providing on-going customer service and follow through with prospective customers including resolving any problems or issues with their conversion or service line.
In order to successfully market the company’s natural gas service the Customer Development Representative should:
o Keep current on all promotions and services available as provided by the company marketing and business development departments
o Maintain a thorough knowledge of all products and current costs that are available including working with spreadsheets and manipulating fuel conversion software in order to develop customer proposals
o Maintain contact with builders/land developers regarding potential new businesses
o Complete and pass required tests for continuing education
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- Some college preferred
- 3 years of sales and marketing dealing directly with consumers
- 3 years natural gas experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to comfortably initiate first contact with prospective commercial accounts, successfully interact with homeowners, and build relationships with the commercial real estate community
- Must exhibit the aptitude to learn the basic elements of commercial, industrial and institutional heating systems as well as learn the specific nuances of natural gas and natural gas service
- Able to develop a basic understanding of the components of natural gas service such as service lines, meters, etc.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced sales environment requiring multiple commercial and residential contacts each day
- Dedicated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated sales knowledge to meet sales goals
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exhibits personal initiative to source prospective customers and the resilience to persevere when necessary to complete a sale
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office suite of computer programs
Salary range, depends on experience - $60K to $75K USD Annually
Summit offers competitive pay and medical/dental/vision and other benefits that provide flexibility, choice and support to our employees when they need it most. We understand that home and family are essential pieces of your life, and our benefits are designed to support you both at work and at home.
Summit Utilities, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Summit Utilities Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Summit Utilities Inc
Get fresh Summit Sales jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.