IT Business Analyst
- Expired: 2 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join our Growing Team and see why Summit Utilities, Inc was named as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies 2019 and 2020; Best Places to Work in Maine 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022; and Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2020 and Oklahoma 2022.
Summit is a growing natural gas utility company providing safe, reliable and clean burning natural gas service to homes and businesses in Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri and Oklahoma. Being part of the Summit team means embracing excellence, diversity and innovation, committing to safety each and every day, and doing all that we can to serve each other, our customers and the communities where we live. We aim to bring warmth and energy to everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity open for an IT Business Analyst with the option to work from one of our office locations in Fort Smith or Little Rock, AR OR work remote from TX, OK, AR, MO, TN, AL, or FL.
The IT Business Analyst plays an important role in delivering mission critical projects and providing ongoing support for Summit’s ERP and integrated systems. This role proactively works with Technology and Business Teams across all levels to document requirements, coordinate and lead testing activities, develop and implement training plans, and support cutover activities. In addition, the IT Business Analyst will look to continuously drive process improvements in a rapidly growing organization. The Analyst also engages with team leads to define and communicate key metrics that align with Summit business objectives and ensures all projects align with the overall IT strategy.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist project teams in defining project scope, goals, approach, and deliverables supporting the business objectives.
- Participate in the implementation, testing, rollout and training for new and enhanced system functionality. Works with users to gather business requirements, determines the best way to deliver those requirements, and support system development and testing
- Collaborate and support functional leaders, decision makers, system owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operational requirements for Enterprise IT projects
- Work with business stakeholders to create detailed use cases, process flows, test cases and test scenarios to implement quality solutions
- Coordinate testing activities, providing input into test plans, and writing test scripts and test cases
- Assist in development of User Acceptance Testing plans and coordinate and provide metrics on UAT execution
- Facilitate and coordinate testing and post-production defect tracking and reporting as needed
- Document inconsistencies/issues/concerns for follow-up and/or resolution by business and IT teams as needed
- Assist IT and Business SMEs to create and update training documentation and content as necessary
- Assist in creation and updates of Business Process Procedures as necessary
- Work closely with appropriate IT teams to ensure technical best practices
- Act as a liaison between business end users and IT development teams. Consultant on analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Support IT and Business cutover planning and execution along with subsequent issue management for prioritization of critical needs
- Work with Business Subject Matter Experts to analyze current operational procedures, identify areas for improvement and offer possible solutions
- Manage the prioritization and change log for execution of approved modifications or releases for improvements in Summit Utilities IT platforms/systems
- Effectively and efficiently organize and facilitate Business/IT collaboration sessions and workshops in addition to documenting key decisions, issues, and action items as necessary
- 3+ years of Business/Systems Analyst experience with emphasis on implementing and/or supporting ERP and/or CRM systems
- Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- Business Analyst (CBAP), Project Management (PMP), Change Management (CCMP), and/or agile certifications (CSM/PSM) a plus
- Familiarity with ERP and/or CRM systems: sales and service processing systems, customer relationship management systems, content management systems, financial management/accounting systems, manufacturing, and inventory control
- Working knowledge and experience with Power BI, Tableau, or similar business intelligence tool
- Experience with testing tools (Jira, HP-ALM, Caystone)
- Proficiency with process mapping tools (MS Visio, Lucidchart, Google Drawings)
- Basic knowledge of networking, PCs, servers, and database systems
- Utility industry experience and knowledge of business processes is preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Ability to Establish and manage effective relationships with business leaders and key SMEs, as well as technical team members
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of the company’s core business processes and their alignment with key IT systems
- Robust presentation, facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills at all levels of an organization, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic and rapidly evolving organization
- Ability to lead activities on structured team development projects
- Capable of developing short and long-term plans for areas of responsibility; Owns both successes and failures with humility and integrity
- Attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes, and workflow
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Proficient knowledge of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) methodologies and documentation
- Knowledge of requirements gathering techniques, creation of technical specifications, process mapping, system testing and deployment
- Excellent client-facing skills working closely with internal and external parties to document business requirements, issues, key decisions, and action items
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
Summit offers competitive pay and medical/dental/vision and other benefits that provide flexibility, choice, and support to our employees when they need it most. We understand that home and family are essential pieces of your life, and our benefits are designed to support you both at work and at home.
Summit Utilities, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Summit Utilities Inc
AddressFort Smith, AR
BusinessView all jobs at Summit Utilities Inc
Get fresh Utilities Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.