Dispatcher 1st Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join our Growing Team and see why Summit Utilities, Inc was named as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies 2019 and 2020; Best Places to Work in Maine 2019, 2020 and 2021; and Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2020.
Summit is a growing natural gas utility providing safe, reliable and clean burning natural gas service to homes and businesses in Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri and Oklahoma. Being part of the Summit team means embracing excellence, diversity and innovation, committing to safety each and every day, and doing all that we can to serve each other, our customers and the communities where we live. We aim to bring warmth and energy to everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity open for a Dispatcher 1st Shift in our Fort Smith, AR location.
The Dispatcher monitors, dispatches, and load balances work orders to field personnel to utilize field resources safely and efficiently. Monitors and responds to requests for information. Provides communication between customer service representatives and field personnel.
This is a 24-hour office, overtime will be offered frequently in order to keep all shifts adequately covered.
This is a Bargaining Unit position and shifts can be assigned based on seniority.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers the phone and performs call-ahead request for field technicians
- Receives and dispatches emergency calls, emergency locates and customer complaints while ensuring that company procedures are followed.
- Dispatches orders via Mobile Data.
- Coordinates daily operational requirements between local supervision and service technicians.
- Routes work to service technicians.
- Monitors orders and reroutes as needed.
- Prioritizes work orders.
- Documents work orders.
- Resolves scheduling issues between the company’s Call Center, customers, and supervision to achieve optimum results.
- Monitors daily reconciliation of all priority calls.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- 2+ years of customer service or clerical experience using computerized systems
- Desired skills, one year experience with SAP or a mobile data dispatching system and at least one year experience in/or supporting gas distribution operations or at least one year of equivalent dispatching experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills to include MS Office
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to reason logically and methodically
- A calm and compassionate demeanor
- Ability to work independently and address emergency situations
The position is covered under the D.O.T. regulations and Summit Utilities Drug and Alcohol Policy and is, therefore, subject to all terms of the Policy, including the random selection for drug testing.
Summit Utilities, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Summit Utilities Inc
AddressFort Smith, AR
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Summit Utilities Inc