Director of Corporate Accounting
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join our Growing Team and see why Summit Utilities, Inc was named as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies 2019 and 2020; Best Places to Work in Maine 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022; and Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2020 and Oklahoma 2022.
Summit is a growing natural gas utility company providing safe, reliable and clean burning natural gas service to homes and businesses in Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri and Oklahoma. Being part of the Summit team means embracing excellence, diversity and innovation, committing to safety each and every day, and doing all that we can to serve each other, our customers and the communities where we live. We aim to bring warmth and energy to everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity open for a Director of Corporate Accounting based near our Fort Smith, AR office or our Little Rock, AR location with the ability to work remote and travel to our Fort Smith, AR location on a regular basis.
The Director of Corporate Accounting will manage principles of accounting to record financial information and create financial reports related to Summit Utilities, Inc. subsidiary activities and records. Primary contact for utility and regulatory accounting operations. Knowledge of regulated utility industry and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission accounting principles required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the financial ledgers, accounting processes and procedures for the parent, financing and renewables businesses at the Company.
- Oversee staff of direct reports ensuring that all management functions are completed in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing and monitoring disciplines of controls and checks across all departments
- Ensure compliance with all GAAP accounting requirements, guidance, policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Manage the accounts payable team, ensuring invoices are processed and paid timely.
- Manage the accounts receivable team, ensuring customer payments are process and applied to customer accounts timely.
- Manage the parent company accounting functions, including cost allocations from the parent to all operating entities.
- Analyze the annual and monthly financial activity for the non-utility businesses. Ensure proper research is performed by staff to quickly resolve issues and identify root causes. Implement the appropriate processes and controls needed to remedy the issue.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by staying current with existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation and advising senior management on needed actions
- Review and distribute monthly, quarterly and year-end financials for internal use and external debt covenant reporting.
- Manage the annual audit process for timely issuance of audit financials in accordance with established company timelines
- Train and mentor staff, embracing Summit’s culture of servant leadership
- Support the implementation of financial and ancillary software systems
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Projects and other duties as assigned by Controller or Chief Financial Officer
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Advanced degree desirable
- CPA required
- 12 years of progressively responsible experience in a similar role
- Extensive use of Excel spreadsheets
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the administrative aspects of management in a corporation including assisting in setting and communicating goals, delegating, providing feedback to employees, handling employee issues, providing employee recognition.
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission requirements.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a remote environment, including managing remote team members.
- Ability to motivate staff to produce quality materials within tight timeframes while managing several projects.
Summit offers competitive pay and medical/dental/vision and other benefits that provide flexibility, choice and support to our employees when they need it most. We understand that home and family are essential pieces of your life, and our benefits are designed to support you both at work and at home.
Summit Utilities, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Summit Utilities Inc
AddressLittle Rock, AR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Summit Utilities Inc
Get fresh Summit Utilities jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.