Role and Responsibilities
- Repair, maintain, or install computers, automated teller machines, and electronic office machines.
- Reassemble machines after making repairs or replacing parts.
- Converse with customers to determine details of equipment problems.
- Repair, adjust, or replace electrical or mechanical components or parts, using hand tools and power tools.
- Travel to customers' stores or offices to service machines or to provide emergency repair service.
- Maintain parts inventories.
- Operate machines to test functioning of parts or mechanisms.
- Reinstall software programs or adjust settings on existing software to fix machine malfunctions.
- Maintain records of equipment maintenance work or repairs.
- Test new systems to ensure that they are in working order.
- Complete time cards and expense reports on time.
- Install and configure new equipment, including operating software or peripheral equipment.
- Analyze equipment performance records to assess equipment functioning.
- Train new technicians.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent; training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Some Travel to other states required
Company benefits activate after 90 days.