Are you a problem solver?
Do you strive to make a positive difference?
Do you enjoy being a contributor to a world class team?
Summit Technical Solutions (STS) is seeking an experienced Senior Database Administrator to serve a role on a small, geographically spread out team of seven (7) DBAs. Expert knowledge required to ensure database integrity and database replications. Design summary and aggregate tables utilizing related databases and query languages in support of in depth analysis of systems and processes. Monitors, analyzes and resolves issues related to information flow and data architecture standards. Other responsibilities include development and implementation of standards, data modeling and space usage requirements. Under general direction, uses specialized knowledge or skills to solve complex and unique problems, or direct the daily activities of a business, technical support, or functional support team. Uses judgment to interpret internal and external issues and develop best practices. This position relies upon experience, interpersonal skills, and a broad knowledge of the field to ensure task completion in compliance with policies and procedures. Work may require travel to OCONUS locations.
**This opportunity is contingent on contract award to STS.**
Qualified candidates will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Security+ or equivalent IAT certification required; Oracle certification preferred.
- 9+ years of applicable work experience. 15+ years of applicable work experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience leading projects and/or team is desired.
- Expertise with database utilities for databases including, but not limited to ORACLE and SQL Server
- Understanding of cybersecurity and network administration is a plus
- Ability to provide 24/7/365 immediate, on-call support for WSOMS sites
- Understanding of Wideband SATCOM Operations Centers (WSOC), and the Regional SATCOM Support Center (RSSC); Previous or current experience working within these centers strongly preferred
- Prior wideband MILSATCOM enterprise and tactical terminal experience highly desired
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstration of exceptional ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness for problem solving and customer service
- Active DoD TS clearance. Ability to obtain & maintain DoD TS/SCI clearance and a US passport is required.
What makes STS great?
STS is a services-based organization that relies on the exceptional results our workforce delivers to customers every day. We realize that our customers' high regard for our consistently high performance is only possible because of the talents, exceptional work ethic, and commitment of our people. We promote and live by a strong and inclusive company culture that places the focus on customer and employee satisfaction, communication, and respect.
What to expect from STS:
- Competitive total compensation plan , with immediate eligibility for most benefits and a 401(k) plan with matching contributions !
- A work environment that emphasizes the safety of our workforce
- An organization that is committed to upholding the highest level of business ethics and workplace conduct
- A company that supports " paying it forward " with involvement in several deserving organizations and encourages volunteerism in the employee's community
- Generous paid time-off program that starts on the first day of employment!
- Tuition and certification cost reimbursement programs for qualifying employees
STS is actively committed to employment of Veterans, whom we regard as one of our Nation's greatest resources. Today, you will find Veterans at every level of our organization, continuing their service to our country by supporting our government contracts and customers. STS is proud of their dedication, work ethic, loyalty, and commitment to duty, and we will continue to promote career opportunities for Veterans who are sincerely deserving of our appreciation.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.