Are you a problem solver?
Do you strive to make a positive difference?
Do you enjoy being a contributor to a world class team?
Summit Technical Solutions (STS) is seeking an experienced Program Manager be responsible for the performance of engineering, administrative and technical services supporting a Major Range and Test Facility Base. This includes explosive and non-explosive open air and indoor test, evaluation and experimentation. This may include tasks in records management, human resources, or other administrative focus in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines. Ensures work procedures and standards improve efficiency and effectiveness of operation. Monitor daily operations and has budgetary responsibilities, and responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned programs and for supporting new business development by managing or leading proposals. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Supervises exempt personnel, and may supervisor non-exempt personnel. Provides direction, coaching and disciplinary actions when required. The work location for this position is Dahlgren, VA.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Hands-on leadership and management of a TT&E program including program planning, execution, risk management, risk mitigation, issues identification and resolution, task breakdown, scheduling and resource allocation .
- Coordinates reports and financial data with the Program Management Office (PMO) and creates Business Unit strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Ensures contract compliance on all business and operational levels.
- Collaborates with other managers and professionals throughout the organization to effectively identify and resolve technical issues and take ownership for driving these issues to closure.
- Communicates within all organization levels in order to define project requirements and proactively manage a complete project life cycle.
- Assesses variances from the plan then develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure project meets time, cost, and quality objectives. Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of program.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes as needed.
- Participate in both formal and informal In Progress Reviews (IPRs) of work being performed
- Participate in periodic Task Prioritization Meetings with the COR and project/work area/TI leads/points-of-contact
- Coordinates the preparation of operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contracts.
**This opportunity is contingent on contract award to STS.**
- Understanding and Experience related to weapon system components, systems and subsystems
- Written/Oral Communications Skills
- Interpersonal Communication
- Budget/Business/Risk Analysis Skills
- Concept Design and Engineering
- Organization and Planning Skills
- Reading Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Customer Relations/Service Skills
- Planning/Organization/Development Skills.
Qualified candidates will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Current Top Secret clearance is required
- Bachelor's degree is required; Master's degree is preferred
- PMP or DAU Level III certification is required
- 10+ years professional technical experience that reflects:
- 8+ years experience in the development and evaluation/testing of major weapon systems
- 6+ years demonstrated Program Management experience in managing complex requirements, including subcontractors
- Quality Assurance Experience (i.e ISO 9000 programs; life cycle planning and costing experience)
- 5+ years of progressive management experience
- Direct experience with US Navy/Marine Corps is preferred
- Specialized Certifications derived from NAVSEA, NOSSA Instruction 8020.15, NSWCDD Instruction, NAVFAC P-307 or P-80, or similar documents is preferred
What makes STS great?
STS is a services-based organization that relies on the exceptional results our workforce delivers to customers every day. We realize that our customers' high regard for our consistently high performance is only possible because of the talents, exceptional work ethic, and commitment of our people. We promote and live by a strong and inclusive company culture that places the focus on customer and employee satisfaction, communication, and respect.
What to expect from STS:
- Competitive total compensation plan , with immediate eligibility for most benefits and a 401(k) plan with matching contributions !
- A work environment that emphasizes the safety of our workforce
- An organization that is committed to upholding the highest level of business ethics and workplace conduct
- A company that supports " paying it forward " with involvement in several deserving organizations and encourages volunteerism in the employee's community
- Generous paid time-off program that starts on the first day of employment!
- Tuition and certification cost reimbursement programs for qualifying employees
STS is actively committed to employment of Veterans, whom we regard as one of our Nation's greatest resources. Today, you will find Veterans at every level of our organization, continuing their service to our country by supporting our government contracts and customers. STS is proud of their dedication, work ethic, loyalty, and commitment to duty, and we will continue to promote career opportunities for Veterans who are sincerely deserving of our appreciation.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.