Are you a problem solver?
Do you strive to make a positive difference?
Do you enjoy being a contributor to a world class team?
Summit Technical Solutions (STS) is seeking a Junior Financial Manager at Hill AFB, UT. The Junior (Jr.) Financial Manager assists program managers, the Program Control office (AFNWC/NIP) and the Product Support Division (AFNWC/NIL) in the preparation of the annual Program Objective Memorandum (POM) and related briefings. The Jr. Financial Manager documents task results and provides it to the Financial Support Manager, Project Technical Manager or Program Management Lead. Work closely with PMs and contracting personnel during to ensure that obligation forecasts meet OSD goals (as much as possible) and are ultimately 100% obligated prior to fund expiration. Assist with ensuring all assigned LOAs are correctly constructed and that all funding documents use correct LOAs. Assist program managers and assigned ICBM Divisions in the preparation of the Budget Estimate Submission, President's Budget and Annual Execution Plan as required.
The Jr. Financial Manager is proactive in assisting with formulating, documenting and justifying of division program budgets in accordance with ICBM standards and regulatory guidance. This position includes administration of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) system as it pertains to Financial Management (FM) within the ICBMSD, while providing decision support and financial reporting to ICBM personnel, management and stakeholders and ensuring the integrity of financial data within government accounting and information systems. They assist with monitoring daily all administrative limitations and ceilings, manage them to avoid breaches and provide an Administrative Limitations Status Report each month.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with accurately preparing Target Loads according to Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) standards, while ensuring they are supported by Budget Authorization/Allocation or Operating Budget Authority documentation
- Monitoring daily all administrative limitations and ceilings, manage them to avoid breaches and provide an Administrative Limitations Status Report each month
- Utilize and comply with the Financial Management Records Management Plan to ensure ease of access to financial information and continuity of operations
- Implement the management principles and mandatory policies that govern the Defense Acquisition System as defined in DoD Directive 5000.01 and DoD Instruction 5000.0
- Seek to improve computer knowledge and skills and be able to quickly adapt to new systems
- Understand and ensure compliance with the fiscal laws and funding policies that make up the Purpose Statute, Bona Fide Needs Rule, Anti-Deficiency Act, Full Funding Policy, Incremental Funding Policy and Annual Funding Policy while reviewing funding documents.
- Assist with ensuring that all funding documents are executed within the allowable balances of all administrative limitations, ceilings and ICBM Execution Plans
- Provide secretariat services for planning conferences as requested by the Government, including producing Meeting Agendas, Meeting Minutes and action items for such conferences or other planning meetings
- Assist the Program Control office in preparing responses to budget cut
**This opportunity is contingent on contract award to STS.**
- Develop Specialized Spreadsheets
- Improving Existing Data Models
- Written/Oral Communications Skills
- Interpersonal Communication
- Budget/Business/Risk Analysis Skills
- Concept Design and Engineering
- Organization and Planning Skills
- Reading Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Customer Relations/Service Skills
- Planning/Organization/Development Skills
Qualified candidates will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related field is required; Master's degree is preferred
- 1+ years professional experience in Financial Management, Budgeting and Reconciliation Support is required
- Experience with Government Accounting and Information Systems is preferred:
- FM Suite
- General Accounting and Finance System (GAFS)
- Automated Funds Management (AFM)
- Defense Transaction Interface Module Systems (DTIMS)
- Commanders Resource Integration System (CRIS)
- Comprehensive Cost and Requirements (CCaR) & Executive CCaR
- Integrated Budget Documentation and Execution System (IDECS)
- Centralized Access for Data Exchange (CAFDEx)
- Funded Requirements Management (FRM)
- Job Order Production Master System (JOPMS/G004L)
- Automated Project Order (APO/J025)
- Defense Industrial Financial Management System (DIFMS)
- Electronic Document Access (EDA)
- Automated Business Services System (ABSS)
- Project Management Resource Tools (PMRT)
- Defense Travel System (DTS)
- Shared Data Warehouse (SDW)
- Wide Area Workflow (WAWF)
- Standard Contract Reconciliation Tool (SCRT)
- Mechanization of Contract Administration Services (MOCAS)
- Current Secret clearance is required
What makes STS great?
STS is a services-based organization that relies on the exceptional results our workforce delivers to customers every day. We realize that our customers' high regard for our consistently high performance is only possible because of the talents, exceptional work ethic, and commitment of our people. We promote and live by a strong and inclusive company culture that places the focus on customer and employee satisfaction, communication, and respect.
What to expect from STS:
- Competitive total compensation plan , with immediate eligibility for most benefits and a 401(k) plan with matching contributions !
- A work environment that emphasizes the safety of our workforce
- An organization that is committed to upholding the highest level of business ethics and workplace conduct
- A company that supports " paying it forward " with involvement in several deserving organizations and encourages volunteerism in the employee's community
- Generous paid time-off program that starts on the first day of employment!
- Tuition and certification cost reimbursement programs for qualifying employees
STS is actively committed to employment of Veterans, whom we regard as one of our Nation's greatest resources. Today, you will find Veterans at every level of our organization, continuing their service to our country by supporting our government contracts and customers. STS is proud of their dedication, work ethic, loyalty, and commitment to duty, and we will continue to promote career opportunities for Veterans who are sincerely deserving of our appreciation.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.