Are you a problem solver?
Do you strive to make a positive difference?
Do you enjoy being a contributor to a world class team?
Summit Technical Solutions (STS) is seeking an HR Generalist II/Training Coordinator to work on site at Cavalier AFS, ND, supporting PARCS contract activities as well as corporate requirements.
The Human Resource Generalist (HRG) II/Training Coordinator understands business challenges and will support the development of solutions that address business needs. This role builds a strong link between Human Resources strategy and business strategy. He/she acts as a champion for the business and an advisor to leadership on organizational and HR-related issues, including but not limited to, performance management, employee and labor relations, change management, risk mitigation, organization design and effectiveness and employee engagement to promote and maintain a high-performance culture. He/She employs effective communication techniques with a customer service focus and spearheads projects related to developing and/or designing new or revised human resource programs and practices. He/She analyzes HR data and trends and is familiar with human resource practices in a contract-based environment, is responsible for managing the Human Resources regulatory compliance program within the organization and is responsible for analyzing training needs, developing curriculum and delivering courses.
The HRG II/Training Coordinator must be able to quickly gain trust, build relationships and is an outstanding communicator. He/She identifies and addresses key drivers of success and people-related needs and then works with leadership to develop creative and business supported solutions. A demonstrated success at influencing and guiding employees and business leaders is required. He/She applies critical thinking and tact in all business dealings, must have in-depth knowledge of current labor laws and best practices, and will resolve employee relations issues as they arise through sound decision making. He/she researches and monitors laws and regulations that potentially impact the organization's program and policies. This includes investigating, monitoring and communicating legislative changes, drafting of policy and procedural documents and amendments, as well as ensuring the content and delivery of all training and educational materials and resources. Additionally this position is responsible for the oversight and management of audits, and preparation of legally required reports. He/She has experience with several software platforms, adapts quickly to new programs and has a solid understanding of IT databases and reporting.
- Applies expertise to ensure compliance with all labor laws such as DOL laws and regulations including Service Contract Act (SCA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and State laws and regulations.
- Develops the corporate Affirmative Action and ensures diverse recruiting practices are established and maintained as required.
- Performs needed tasks to minimize company exposure to lawsuits to include, managing the HR internal audit process, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness as well as establish Performance Metrics and Continual Process Improvement and developing corrective actions and regulatory reports, and managing any voluntary self-disclosure on behalf of the organization; conducting reviews pertaining, but not limited, to HR Employment Laws to ensure company compliance; consultations with legal counsel as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Works in partnership with other departments as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees, and to direct compliance issues to the appropriate channels for investigation and resolution.
- Conducts research and analysis to determine the efficiency, effectiveness, and impact of current programs, policies and procedures and recommends revisions accordingly.
- Develops and leads annual internal audits and training; Implement reporting procedures to measure the effectiveness of programs and goal attainment.
- Lead compensation planning based on role definition, external comparables/market value of position, annual compensation and other reward and recognition programs, as well as developing career pathways.
- Takes initiative, works with a sense of urgency and proactively proposes solutions to challenges.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Provides friendly customer service and answers questions politely and in a timely manner.
- Ensures confidentiality on privacy matters; demonstrates good judgment.
- Provides coaching to management, with an emphasis on leadership behaviors.
- Ensures that HR policies and practices are applied consistently and provides direction and guidance to all levels of management.
- Advises employees concerning compensation, benefits, employee services and training in accordance with policies, procedures and practices.
- Facilitates and/or provides employee and management training, new hire orientation, exit interviews and follows up on identified issues with other functional departments.
- Handles employee relations issues and counseling.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Keeps pace within a growing and changing environment and effectively manages multiple and/or competing priorities.
- Acts as a role model and mentor to HR Assistants, HRG I, Interns and/or Fellows.
- Acts as Health and Welfare Benefits subject matter expert to include hosting meetings and/or webinars for the annual roll out of benefits and open enrollments.
- Reviews and approves all changes in enrollment in the benefit tracking system before submission to carriers.
- Resolves coverage and enrollment issues with carriers.
- May assume supervisory duties in the absence of the Director of Business Services.
- Other duties as assigned
- Concise, articulate and confident communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong Interpersonal Dynamics
- Time Management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Possesses a rational, confident and mature approach to decision making
- Well-developed critical thinking and analytical abilities
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills; ability to work with Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience with HRIS and databases including reporting
- Strong organizational skills, work independently and prioritize workload
- Ability to interpret and understand legal documents, regulations and government legislation
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with diverse groups of people
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to draw valid conclusions, formulate sound recommendations and prepare effective written and statistical reports.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to management and employees at all levels.
- Timeliness, attention to detail and accuracy is paramount
Qualified candidates will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business or other related field is required.
- 5+ years of directly related work experience
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification
- Ability to obtain/maintain Secret security clearance
- 7+ years of related work experience
- Demonstrated experience in researching, writing and presenting Educational and Training materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state regulations and laws including but not limited to OFCCP, EEOC, Affirmative Action, DOL, FMLA, ADA, USERRA, ERISA, COBRA, and OSHA.
What makes STS great?
STS is a services-based organization that relies on the exceptional results our workforce delivers to customers every day. We realize that our customers' high regard for our consistently high performance is only possible because of the talents, exceptional work ethic, and commitment of our people. We promote and live by a strong and inclusive company culture that places the focus on customer and employee satisfaction, communication, and respect.
What to expect from STS:
- Competitive total compensation plan , with immediate eligibility for most benefits and a 401(k) plan with matching contributions !
- A work environment that emphasizes the safety of our workforce
- An organization that is committed to upholding the highest level of business ethics and workplace conduct
- A company that supports " paying it forward " with involvement in several deserving organizations and encourages volunteerism in the employee's community
- Generous paid time-off program that starts on the first day of employment!
- Tuition and certification cost reimbursement programs for qualifying employees
STS is actively committed to employment of Veterans, whom we regard as one of our Nation's greatest resources. Today, you will find Veterans at every level of our organization, continuing their service to our country by supporting our government contracts and customers. STS is proud of their dedication, work ethic, loyalty, and commitment to duty, and we will continue to promote career opportunities for Veterans who are sincerely deserving of our appreciation.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.