Are you a problem solver?
Do you strive to make a positive difference?
Do you enjoy being a contributor to a world class team?
Summit Technical Solutions (STS) is seeking an Army Fires Liaison to formulate USA/USMC long range artillery and multiple launch rocket systems strategy and future employment visions for the DoD. They will liaise with COCOM USA and USMC units in all aspects of long range artillery and multiple launch rocket systems execution and training in support of all combatant commanders. This position is located at Barksdale AFB, LA.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct weapon effect analysis and feasibility assessments for artillery and Joint fires systems.
- Provide advice on artillery and Joint fires capabilities for tasked applications against specific centers of gravity (COG) and high-value targets (HVT) to create the desired effects and support accomplishment of the commander's objectives.
- Provide feasibility assessment on artillery and Joint fires capabilities and effects in relation to tasked objectives. Advise on force application, execution planning, and combat assessment.
- Provide liaison between geographic COCOMs, DoD units and agencies, other government agencies, and SMAC.
- Assists in long range artillery and multiple launch rocket system mission planning and integration in accordance with SMAC processes and USA/USMC tactics, techniques, and procedures for approximately ten exercises/experiments/studies/tests per year.
- Assist in the development and conduct planning and integration of future long range artillery and multiple launch rocket weapon systems.
- Participate in DT&E and OT&E as long range artillery and multiple launch rocket system mission planning systems and application SME.
- Instruct other SMAC personnel in Army Fires specific mission planning functions and techniques unique to their software and mission planning environment.
Qualified candidates will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Technical, Engineering, or Computer Information Systems related degree required or equivalent related military work experience (United States Army [USA] or United States Marine Corp [USMC]).
- Completion of a formal Army Field Artillery course and the USA Fires Center of Excellence or equivalent is highly desired.
- At least one year of specialized experience conducting long-range artillery and multiple launch rocket system operations, testing, training principles, concepts, directives, practices, tactics, and techniques.
- Participation in combatant command exercises or operations. Real world contingency planning/execution experience is highly desired.
- Experience supporting operations within classified environments to include SIPRNet and JWICS.
- Demonstrated proficiency using unclassified Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet) and classified SIPRNet network enterprise environments
- Demonstrated mastery of USA and/or USMC principles, concepts, directives, practices, analytical methods and techniques and seasoned consultative skill sufficient to resolve internal problems not susceptible to treatment by standard methods. Typical problems addressed are beyond normal day-to-day route processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for assessment and improvement of DoD long range artillery and multiple launch rocket system operations.
- Knowledge of overall performance factors for long range artillery and multiple launch rocket systems and maintains physical/mental ability to sustain 24/7 surge operations, if required, for operational missions and exercises.
- In-depth knowledge of the various Command entities involved in overall planning and execution of joint operations and evaluations. Knowledge of training and instructional methods to teach mission planning and mission planning software.
- Ability to plan, organize, and negotiate effectively with senior analysts and management to accept and implement recommendations, where proposals involve substantial resources and require extensive changes in established concepts and procedures.
- Current Top Secret clearance with eligibility for SCI and SAP accesses is required.
What makes STS great?
STS is a services-based organization that relies on the exceptional results our workforce delivers to customers every day. We realize that our customers' high regard for our consistently high performance is only possible because of the talents, exceptional work ethic, and commitment of our people. We promote and live by a strong and inclusive company culture that places the focus on customer and employee satisfaction, communication, and respect.
What to expect from STS:
- Competitive total compensation plan , with immediate eligibility for most benefits and a 401(k) plan with matching contributions !
- A work environment that emphasizes the safety of our workforce
- An organization that is committed to upholding the highest level of business ethics and workplace conduct
- A company that supports " paying it forward " with involvement in several deserving organizations and encourages volunteerism in the employee's community
- Generous paid time-off program that starts on the first day of employment!
- Tuition and certification cost reimbursement programs for qualifying employees
STS is actively committed to employment of Veterans, whom we regard as one of our Nation's greatest resources. Today, you will find Veterans at every level of our organization, continuing their service to our country by supporting our government contracts and customers. STS is proud of their dedication, work ethic, loyalty, and commitment to duty, and we will continue to promote career opportunities for Veterans who are sincerely deserving of our appreciation.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.