Senior Security Engineer
Summit-TEK, Inc. Sterling, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $124,800 to $137,200 Yearly
- Design, configure, integrate, and deploy open source and commercial applications and tools to monitor and assess the state of classified and unclassified information technology systems.
- Design, configure and test all security tools in a physically separate environment. While designing and configuring applications and tools.
- Install and configure the devices in accordance with established security baselines and guidelines. Where a lack of established security baselines and guidelines exist, industry best practices or other procedures defined by the client will be followed.
- Provide services for all aspects of managing information security tools and applications. This may consist of installing and updating software, updating configuration and signature files, building and deploying devices, managing relational databases, developing and updating documentation such as standard operating procedures or user manuals, and other related tasks.
- Eight to Ten years of experience supporting information technology projects.
- Six (6) years of experience in Information System Security, security engineering and integration computer forensics, insider threat, or SA&A to include network monitoring, intrusion detection using host-based and network-based intrusion detection systems (IDS) and log management applications; testing, installing, patching, and upgrading computer hardware and operating systems (e.g., Windows, and UNIX) in an enterprise environment.
- Experience engineering, testing, installing, patching, and upgrading various information security hardware and software applications. Examples of tools include Tenable.SC, BurpSuite, SourceFire, Splunk, Stealthwatch, NetWitness, Guidance Software, Digital Guardian, Raytheon (SureView), NMAP, Metasploit, Request Tracker, Science Logic, Intelliview, Nessus, and Foundstone.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Physical Science, or other technology-related disciplines.
- Secret Clearance Required
For information on our company please go to our webpage at www.summit-tek.com
Real EstateView all jobs at Summit-TEK, Inc.