Summit Security is currently looking for a qualified Security Officer,retired law enforcement, military or fire department preferred. Immediate opening for F/T guard. Position is located Suffolk County, Long Island, New York. Pay rate is $19.54 + $2.18 (supplemental) per hour.
- Operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Access control
- Provide excellent Customer service
- Perform Security patrols by foot and/or vehicle
- Complete daily security reports, incident reports, security logs, etc.
- Critical incident response such as medical, fire, workplace violence, accident, etc.
- Enforce safety regulations
- Other duties assigned and required by site contract
- Patrol, move, walk, sit and stand for prolonged periods in non-climate controlled environments
- Ongoing communication with visitors, clients, Summit personnel and the client’s Security Personnel
- New York State Security License – current
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Must be able to understand the English language and communicate it effectively in both verbal and written form
- 6 months of Security Experience (preferred)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid NYS Driver's License (if a mobile patrol post)
- Must have a clean driving record (if a mobile patrol post)
Established in 1976, Summit Security Services is the premier security services firm in the Greater NY-NJ-CT area and one of the largest privately held security services companies in the United States. Operating from our Corporate Headquarters in Uniondale, New York and from our nine regional offices, Summit offers comprehensive security solutions to hundreds of clients across numerous industries. Our 5,000+ security professionals provide approximately five million hours of security services each year.
We offer all employees a solid benefits program that exceeds the norms of the security industry, including:
- Competitive wage rates
- Training and Professional Development
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Prestigious assignments
- Uniforms and equipment free of charge
- Employee Referral Program with cash incentives
- Weekly pay checks
- Alternate work schedules
- Robust Awards and Incentives
- Security Officer Newsletter showcasing employee success stories, security tips, raffles and updates.
Many of our assignments also offer:
- Paid Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Pay Increases
- Longevity Bonuses
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.