Corporate Team Building Facilitator at Summit Ropes
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $25 Hourly
Summit Ropes is a Corporate Training Facility that offers Leadership and Team Development programs Monday through Friday and a challenging weekend adventure for families.
Our facility consists of a one-of-a-kind ropes course with over 120 obstacles and 3 levels of difficulty. Our facility consists of 16,550 square feet of space and 2500 square feet of mezzanine, making it the largest indoor ropes course in the United States. Our course offers challenging activities that engage participants’ mind and body and our unique approach to team building has made Summit Ropes the premiere team training facility in the DC area. Summit Ropes is a Woman Owned Small Business.
The role the Corporate Event Team Building Facilitator is to assist with set-up of the event, manage and facilitate their team building station, provide a brief prior to the start of the exercise and debrief after. The choice candidate for this role will be able to draw from experiences and provide insight to groups regarding their interaction. The ideal candidate will be skilled at observation and question-based team evaluation and be able to articulate the outcome and lessons learned throughout the activity. We are looking for detail-oriented, organized, outgoing individuals who like to have FUN! We will provide all tools and resources for you to be successful.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Set-up and tear down of team building events
- Provide a briefing before and debriefing after each activity
- Facilitate groups of 10-12 people through multiple team building activities
- Facilitate team building initiatives, group games, ice breakers, and warm-ups
- Group management
- Observation and Question-Based team evaluation
- Articulating outcomes and lessons learned throughout the activity
- Evaluate/Read the group and adjust activities accordingly
- Lead participants through appropriate and effective reflection and debrief discussions and assist
- groups in the transfer of learning to their workplace.
- Work with a wide variety of client populations.
Qualifications & Education
- Familiarity with corporate etiquette and events
- Clean, professional appearance – we often work in upscale venues
- 1-3 years of team building, or event management experience preferred
- High energy and personable nature – acting and/or theatre experience is a plus!
- Excellent communication, leadership, and teamwork skills – loud voices needed!
- Proficient skills in the following: team building initiatives, group games, risk management, and group management
- Flexible availability to work programs Monday through Friday
- Programs are typically 4 – 6 hours long including setup and take down
- Reliable mode of transportation
- Must complete and pass required site-specific team building facilitation training provided by the company. A minimum of two years of experience with education or team building is preferred. Shadowing and on the job training is available.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations calmly and effectively. T
- his person must be able to handle various tasks in a creative and motivated manner.
- Must have a great attention to detail to ensure safety and overall positive guest experience.
- This person must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Prior work experience with outdoor education/recreation, team building, ropes courses, athletics, camp counselor, or teaching a plus.
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $18.00 - $25.00/hour.
About Summit Ropes: Summit Ropes delivers soul-feeding, mind-bending, full-throttle excitement at an indoor adventure park located in Loudoun County, VA. Our guests climb, swing and leap on more than 120 aerial challenges, including 86 foot via ferrata! We welcome guests ages 4+, who want to push the pause button on their daily drudge to experience fun and adventure within a safe, climate-controlled environment. Summit Ropes team members are guest service minded and safety focused. We seek fun-loving employees who have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and great communication skills. Join a team that’s bringing a unique experience to Loudoun County bringing the outdoors inside for year-round fun. Learn more about us at www.summitropes.com.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?