We are dedicated to providing our patients with the highest quality home health care services available and doing so with world-class customer service. This is a great opportunity for you to use your SLP skills to provide quality one on one care with focus on the individual patient and positive outcomes. (Position is for full-time, going between two Skilled Nursing Facilities)
As a Speech Therapist you will operate under the supervision of the Clinical Management Team while providing direct care to patients in the home care setting.
- Conducts appropriate evaluations, assesses home environment, identifies equipment needs relative to speech/language function
- Identifies functional speech defects and establishes a plan of care to improve patient's function
- Administers speech therapy program utilizing specialized therapeutic technique and/or equipment.
- Recommends communication devices/aids as indicated.
- Confers with referring physician and other organization personnel to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care contributes to the total plan of care.
- Prepares and submits notes per organization policy.
- Maintains clinical competency in speech-language pathology practice and theory.
- ST/SLP License required
- Previous experience in speech pathology preferred
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive and patient demeanor