Summit Home Care is seeking a qualified Clinic Manager (DON) to oversee the daily operations of our nursing and therapy staff and programs!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Clinic Manager is responsible for the overall direction of home health clinical services.
The Clinic Manager establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for home health services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinates and oversees all direct and indirect patient services provided by clinical
2. Provides guidance and counseling to coordinators and Clinic Managers to assist them in continually improving all aspects of home health care services, provided through organization personnel.
3. Assists Clinic Managers in managing clinical teams and planning.
4. Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient and family/caregiver care to all clinical personnel as indicated.
5. Assists the CEO/Administrator in the preparation and administration of the organization's budget.
6. Interprets operational indicators to detect census changes and increases or decreases in volume, which could impact staffing levels, revenues or expenses.
7. Evaluates performance of Clinic Managers.
8. Assists Clinic Managers to develop skills and techniques in evaluating the performance of clinicians.
9. Hires, evaluates, and terminates organization personnel.
10. Conducts clinical performance evaluations annually, or more frequently if indicated.
11. Oversees the maintenance of patient clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
12. Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
Job Title/Position: Clinic Manager
13. Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate inventory supplies and equipment for the provision of patient services.
14. Develops, implements and evaluates the orientation program for new organization personnel. Responsible for orientation of new organization personnel, either directly or by delegating to another staff member.
15. Plans and implements inservice and continuing education programs to meet education and training needs of organization personnel.
16. Assists with the evaluation of organization performance via performance improvement program, productivity, quarterly and annual reviews. Assures for the quality and safe delivery of home health services provided through the Organization.
17. Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops, recommends, and administers Organization policies and procedures.
18. Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification of organization personnel and, maintains compliance to the ACHC Home Care standards.
19. Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home health care; shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
20. Promotes home health referrals in the health care community.
21. In the absence of the CEO/Administrator, the Clinic Manager will become the acting CEO/Administrator and will be vested with authority to act in behalf of the CEO/Administrator.
22. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and/or CEO/Administrator.
1. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the National League for Nursing. Master’s degree in health care preferred.
3. Three years of management experience in a home health or related health care organization.
4. Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional administrative personnel.