Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor
Summit Healthcare Services (SHS) is looking for Personal Trainers and Group Instructors to support our Living Well Program. The goal of this program is to keep Senior residents healthy, active, and achieve a higher quality of life. We offer personal training, a variety of group fitness classes, workshops and seminars in health education, nutrition and fitness.
Group fitness classes include but are not limited to: balance, yoga, aqua, circuits, chair and standing fitness, assisted living specific, and more.
We are currently looking to fill positions in the East Valley, Sun City and Peoria. We have full-time, part-time and PRN opportunities available based on the location.
Trainers are responsible for teaching group fitness classes and training one on one clients in coordination with the SHS Living Well philosophy of training. Our trainers are encouraged to create new opportunities within the community. A strong working relationship with all SHS staff is expected of our trainers. Documentation and administrative follow-up on personal classes, clients, and sales—along with personal follow-up on new private pay leads— are essential responsibilities.
· Report to your location’s Lead who handles all scheduling and resident relations for that community.
· Develop, document, and implement one on one workout programs that match the clients needs and goals.
· Instruct clients on basic exercise physiology and inform them on proper lifting and exercise techniques in both classes and private clients.
· Maintain client files.
· Make appointments at every opportunity to give presentations and/or consultations.
· Maintain class logs and private pay documents.
· Attend all meetings.
· Participate in train the trainer workshops.
· Participate in special events that may generate new opportunities.
· Maintain a professional representation of SHS both through appearance and actions.
· Keep all areas neat and orderly.
· Experience working with a senior population or ability to modify according to the levels of the class.
· Possess a proven track record of successful training, group fitness instruction, sales, and client retention.
· Hold a bachelor's degree in exercise related field preferred or maintain nationally accredited personal training certification.
· Maintain a healthful, professional appearance.
· Willingness to seek opportunities within the communities to generate new opportunities for all SHS services.
· Ability to manage class and client schedule for multiple communities.
· Ability to commit to clients and class schedule, in addition to occasional subbing for classes.
· Communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task and able to meet deadlines.
· Self-starter and easily trained on new programs and classes.