Summit Hospice is currently hiring a full-time Social Worker (MSW) to see hospice patients and develop referrals throughout the Valley. We are looking for an experienced MSW to provide initial emotional, spiritual and psychosocial assessments, ongoing counseling, bereavement services and community education, outreach and referral.
- Perform initial psychosocial, emotional, spiritual and bereavement assessments and assist in the development and implementation of goal-directed IDG care plan.
- Conduct ongoing reassessments of patient/family needs and counseling as required.
- Provide short-term crisis intervention and individual or family counseling when indicated.
- Provide services, under the direction of a physician.
- Participate as a member of the Bereavement Team as assigned.
- Observe, assess and bring to IDG meetings information regarding psychosocial, emotional, spiritual, physical and financial conditions affecting the patient and family.
- Assume the active role of advocate for the patient/family unit.
- Develop and maintain contact with appropriate community agencies and services in order to promote inter-agency cooperation and to facilitate related referrals.
- Builds networking relationships and generates referrals and admissions from physicians, skilled nursing/assisted living facilities, group homes, managed care case managers, medical community agencies, general community agencies and other contacts.
- Document comprehensive psychosocial, emotional and spiritual assessment clearly and concisely in a timely manner.
- Record all patient/family visits, telephone contacts and referral actions in the patient record per policy.
- Provide ongoing counseling related to issues of death and dying to the patient and family as needed.
- Attend staff meetings, IDG and other meetings as assigned and appropriate.
- Adhere to all Hospice policies.
- Assume responsibility for own personal and professional development and maintenance of skills in social work.
- Exhibit Hospice philosophy in all job related roles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MSW required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a social worker.
- Hospice experience and active patient contact within the past 3 years preferred.
- Marketing and outreach experience preferred.
- Must have a valid AZ Driver’s License, automobile liability insurance and be able to pass a drug screen and background check.