Summit Healthcare Services is hiring a full-time Case Manager to support our Hospice patients in the East Valley. We do our best to keep our nurses close to home, but valley wide travel may be required on occasion. This position allows the nurse flexibility with patients and the ability to work from home with minimal office exposure.
In this key role, you will be responsible for providing nursing care to hospice patients as needed. You will also provide assistance and understanding to the family in the home care situation and at the time of bereavement. You will be part of a compassionate and dedicated team of professionals committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients.
· Regularly assesses and reassesses the nursing needs of the Hospice patient.
· Provides Hospice nursing services, treatments and preventive procedures.
· Teaches, supervises and counsels the Hospice patient and family members about providing care for the patient.Performs specific nursing procedures as needed (e.g., treatments, management of symptoms) following doctor’s orders.
· Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient-related information in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
· Conducts appropriate supervisory visits which allow for clinical observation of performance of assigned team members.
· Participates and provides leadership in the team for regular interdisciplinary group meetings; the development, review and revision of the patient/family plan of care; facilitation of problem solving sessions; and delivery of team support.
· Performs specific assignments as directed by the Director of Clinical Services.
AZ RN License.
Minimum of 6 months hospice nursing experience and 3 years previous nursing experience are required.
Knowledge of Consolo preferred.
Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
Bilingual in Spanish preferred.