Summit Healthcare Services is currently hiring PRN Home Health RN's to support our patients in the East, West and Central Valley areas. If you think you are a fit for this position, we would love to hear from you!
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
- Completes an initial home health assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs.
- Conducts home visits as assigned, assessing the patient’s condition, progress toward goals, providing patient care, teaching and other skilled interventions as ordered.
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs, as part of nursing visit.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change in collaboration with Case Manager.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis. Develops a care plan in collaboration with Case Manager, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs during nursing visits.
- Communicates needs to team as part of the care plan development; assists in implementing prior to discharge of the patient.
- Valid AZ RN license. Minimum of 6 months of Home Health nursing experience.
- Knowledge of Axxess EMR.
- Valid AZ Driver’s License and automobile insurance.
- Pass background check and drug screen.