Summit Hospice is currently seeking a Director of Nursing for its hospice operation. In this leadership position, you will oversee and supervise the clinical team in the delivery of all Hospice care to patients and families. In addition to a Signing Bonus, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
· Supervise the planning, coordination and delivery of the interdisciplinary group interventions.
· Assign patient/family to appropriate staff member(s). Develop staff schedule and coordinate coverage.
· Participate in and provide leadership for the team for IDG meetings; the development, review and revision of the patient/family plan of care; facilitation of problem solving sessions; and delivery of team support.
· Implement and monitor compliance with policies and procedures.
· Serve as a member of the management team in order to address problems associated with the delivery of services and staff development needs and to put forth suggestions for appropriate additions/changes in policies and procedures.
· Oversee the clinical supervision of nurses, LPN’s and CNA's.
· Conduct appropriate supervisory visits, which allow for the clinical observation of the performance of assigned team members.
· Supervise the maintenance of medical records assuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with licensing regulations, certification standards, legal and ethical standards.
· Oversees Hospice's ongoing Quality Assessment/Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
· Identify needs for staff education and assist in the development of in-service programs.
· Develop a cooperative relationship and communicates effectively and professionally with the physicians.
· Investigate and report any problem relating to patient care or conditions, which might harm the patient and/or employee well-being.
· Conduct nursing visits and admissions as required.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local rules, accreditation standards and Hospice policies in all patient care aspects of the Hospice.
Qualified candidates must possess a minimum of 5 years of Hospice nursing experience with a minimum of 2 years in a managerial position. Previous DCS or DON experience desired.
RN required along with valid AZ driver’s license and automobile insurance. Must pass a background check and drug test.